Troyset Injection 10ml
By TROIKAA PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Troyset Injection 10ml Description
Troyset Injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy and radiation therapy. It contains ondansetron as an active ingredient. Troyset works by blocking the action of
a natural chemical called serotonin which may cause nausea or vomiting. Before taking this Troyset Injection you should inform your doctor about any known allergy to similar medicines.
|Uses||Nausea and vomiting|
|Side effects||Headache, constipation, sensation of warmth, flusing, redness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ondansetron
Uses of Troyset Injection 10ml
Troyset Injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Contraindications of Troyset Injection 10ml
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of Troyset Injection.
- If you are taking apomorphine used in people with advanced Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Troyset Injection 10ml
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Troyset Injection 10ml
Can I take Troyset Injection during pregnancy?
Troyset Injection must not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy as it may slightly increase the risk of a baby being born with cleft lip and/or cleft palate (splits in the upper lip). Women of childbearing age may be advised to use birth control measures
Can I take Troyset Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of Troyset Injection passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Thus, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Troyset Injection?
It is not expected that Troyset Injection will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving
Can I consume alcohol with Troyset Injection?
There is limited information about the effects of Troyset on alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have stomach problems like blockage in your stomach.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure, irregular heartbeats or abnormal heart rhythm.
- You have any liver problems.
- You have a condition of salt imbalance in your blood.
- Children that receive Ondansetron with medicines that are harmful to liver should regularly go for check-up for liver problems.
Mode of Action of Troyset Injection 10ml
How Does It Work?
Serotonin is a natural substance in the body that may cause nausea and vomiting. Ondansetron present in Troyset Injection works by blocking the action of this serotonin, thus preventing nausea and vomiting....
Directions for Use of Troyset Injection 10ml
- Troyset Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an Injection. Do not self-inject.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Troyset Injection 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Troyset Injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Be cautious if you are taking medications like amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or diseases.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like doxorubicin, trastuzumab, atenolol or timolol & halofantrine, antibiotic like erythromycin, antifungal like ketoconazole.
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take this medicine along with Apomorphine, hence both these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain like Tramadol may not work properly when taken together with Troyset Injection.
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat the mental state like citalopram, sertraline....
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin should be used cautiously with Troyset Injection.
Storage and disposal of Troyset Injection 10ml
- Store Troyset Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Troyset Injection 10ml
Troyset Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in hospital. Thus, chances of overdose are unlikely. If you experience any symptoms immediately after taking this Injection you should inform your doctor or nurse....
Missed a Dose
Your doctor or nurse will monitor you as to when Troyset Injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. In case your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Troyset good for motion sickness?
A: No, Troyset Injection is not useful in controlling motion sickness.
Q: What is the use of Troyset Injection?
A: Troyset Injection is useful in preventing nausea and vomiting that is caused due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Q: How does Troyset work?
A: Serotonin is a natural substance in the body that may cause nausea and vomiting. Troyset works by blocking the action of this serotonin, thus preventing nausea and vomiting.
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- CDSCO - Ondansetron [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed