Trixide H Tablets
Trixide H Tablets Description
Trixide H Tab is used to treat depression and anxiety. It is also used in the treatment of symptoms of alcohol withdrawal and bedwetting in children. This tablet contains Amitriptyline and Chlordiaze
poxide as its prominent ingredients. You should take this tablet under strict medical supervision. Continue to take this tablet for as long as the doctor advises. Stopping this tablet without medical advice can cause unpleasant side effects. It can also worsen your existing symptoms. Some health problems may make you more vulnerable to the severe side effects of this medicine. Those having liver disease may require adjustment in the dose to prevent permanent damage to the liver. If you experience weight loss as a side effect of this tablet, you can consume supplements and nutritious food according to your doctor’s advice.
|You Save||₹3.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amitriptyline(25.0 Mg) + Chlordiazepoxide(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Tiredness, constipation, nausea.|
Uses of Trixide H Tablets
- Nighttime bedwetting in children
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms
Contraindications of Trixide H Tablets
- Trixide may contraindicate in the following cases:
- Elderly people
- A child who is below 12 years of age
- Hypersensitivity to this tablet
- Cisapride users
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor users
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Sedative users
- Allergies to any constituents of the tablet
- Bipolar disorder
Side effects of Trixide H Tablets
- Common side effects:
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Mental confusion
- Increase in heart rate
- Orthostatic Hypotension (Blood pressure falls suddenly while standing)
- Skin Rash
- Mild side effects subside on their own.
- Serious side effects
- Unusual mood changes
- Suicidal thoughts
- Myocardial infarction
- Liver Failure
Precautions and Warnings of Trixide H Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You get suicidal thoughts while taking this medicine.
- You notice a rise in blood sugar levels.
- Trixide H Tab can affect blood sugar levels. You may have to constantly monitor your blood sugar levels.
- You are planning to get pregnant.
- Your symptoms persist, or they become worse after taking this medicine for a couple of months.
- Your side effects continue for a prolonged period.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines and supplements you are taking.
- It is advised to regularly monitor your liver functions if you are consuming this tablet for an extended period.
Mode of Action of Trixide H Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Trixide H Tablets
- This tablet can be taken once or more times a day, depending on the intensity of the problem. Your doctor will prescribe the dose suitable for you after taking into account your health, age and the seriousness of your symptoms. ...
- Avoid sharing this medicine with people having similar symptoms. Do not recommend this medicine to others based on your experiences. Remember, this medicine can only be recommended by a medical practitioner. ...
- This tablet should be swallowed orally with water. Do not crush or break or chew it.
- Trixide H Tab can be consumed before or after food. Most users take this tablet after meals.
Interactions of Trixide H Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
Interactions with food items
- There are no known food interactions of Trixide H.
Storage and disposal of Trixide H Tablets
Dosage of Trixide H Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Anuj Tiwari
MBBS, DNB Medicine