Tretin 0.05% Cream 30gm
By HEGDE AND HEGDE PHARMACEUTICA LLP
30g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tretin Cream contains tretinoin as its active ingredient. It is used for the topical treatment of acne. It belongs to e class of medicines called retinoids. During the treatment with Tretin Cream it is recommended to avoid being exposed to sunlight for too long after applying this cream. You can use sunscreens with at least SPF 15 before going outdoors. Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated, as it can make your skin dry. You may experience few adverse effects like burning or stinging sensation, redness at the site of application, but that usually goes away with time. But if you feel such signs persistently, discontinue the medicine immediately talk to your dermatologist. Use this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor. Also, it is advised not to use it for a prolonged duration unless it is prescribed by your dermatologist.
Uses of Tretin 0.05% Cream 30gm
Tretin Cream is indicated for the treatment of acne.
Contraindications of Tretin 0.05% Cream 30gm
If you are allergic to Tretin Cream or any of the ingredients of this cream.
Side effects of Tretin 0.05% Cream 30gm
- Dry skin
- Scaling or peeling of the skin
- Burning sensation on the skin
- Redness of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Tretin 0.05% Cream 30gm
Can I use Tretin Cream during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about the effects during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I use Tretin Cream while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the components of this cream pass into the breastmilk and there are no establishments of its safety in breastfeeding women. Hence, it is not recommended to use if you are breastfeeding. Avoid applying this cream around the breast area as this increases the risk of ingestion by the newborn.
Can I drive if I have applied Tretin Cream?
It is a topical preparation and it will not affect your driving ability or your ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Tretin Cream?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, you should avoid using alcohol as it can delay the body's response to infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should avoid using it on inflamed or sunburned skin, due to the possibility of severe irritation.
- You experience redness, dryness or severe irritation. The doctor may reduce the dose and frequency of application of Tretin Cream or may also discontinue the treatment for some time.
- You should avoid being exposed to direct sunlight, after applying this cream, to reduce the chances of photosensitization (which means skin damage due to UV or sunlight). Try to use a good sunscreen with at least SPF 15 and full clothes to avoid exposure.read less
- You have an allergy to fish proteins, as there are chances of developing severe itching or swollen red bumps on the skin.
Mode of Action of Tretin 0.05% Cream 30gm
How Does It Work?
Tretinoin is a metabolite of Vitamin A and is a keratolytic agent. It acts by clearing the skin pores that get clogged with dead skin cells, dust and oil. It also helps in inhibiting the development of pimples.
Directions for Use of Tretin 0.05% Cream 30gm
- Apply this cream exactly as directed by your doctor.
- It is for external use only.
- Apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Apply a thin layer of cream to the affected area.
- You should wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Interactions of Tretin 0.05% Cream 30gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Tretin Cream is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are already using topical medicated soaps, shampoos, cleansers or products with a high concentration of alcohol, as it can increase the irritation with Tretin Cream.
- Caution is advised if you are also taking medicines that increase sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitizers) like thiazides (as antihypertensives), tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones, sulfonamides (as antibiotics to treat infection), phenothiazines to treat brain disorders, because of the risk of side effects associated with exposure to the sun.read less
Storage and disposal of Tretin 0.05% Cream 30gm
- Store this medicine in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use it if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Dosage of Tretin 0.05% Cream 30gm
As this medicine is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, then wipe out the excess medicine with a tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have skipped an application, apply it as soon as possible. Do not use it in an excess amount just to compensate for the skipped usage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acne?
A: Acne is a skin condition that develops due to the clogging of hair follicles. The skin pores get clogged with oil, dust or dead skin cells, which may lead to blackheads, whiteheads, red bumps on the skin or pus-filled pimples. It is most common in teenagers.
Q: What precautions should be taken while applying Tretin Cream?
A: Avoid sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 15 while going out in the sun to avoid damage to the skin by radiations. You should wear protective clothing to cover the areas of skin where this medicine is applied when exposure cannot be avoided.
Q: Can I use Tretin Cream during pregnancy?
A: No, it is strictly advised not to use it during pregnancy. You should consult a doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy before using it. Refrain from self-medication.
Q: What is the use of Tretin Cream?
A: It is used for the topical treatment of acne. It also helps in reducing fine wrinkles.
Q: My skin is getting dry after using this cream. Can I use moisturizers during the treatment with Tretin Cream?
A: Yes, you can use moisturizer creams to add moisture to your skin because Tretin Cream can make your skin dry. Also, it is advised to have plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
Q: When should I not use Tretin Cream?
A: If you are pregnant or planning for a baby. If you have sunburned skin. If you are sensitive to light. If you are already using medicated topical soaps, shampoo, cleansers, astringents or products with a high concentration of alcohol.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved