Trenaxa 1gm Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Trenaxa 1gm Tab contains tranexamic acid which is an anti-fibrinolytic agent that is used to reduce excessive bleeding.
Uses of Trenaxa 1gm Tab
- Trenaxa 1gm Tab use is mainly for the following: To treat the heavy bleeding during menstruation
- To treat the blood loss from tooth removal, nose bleed, trauma and surgery
Contraindications of Trenaxa 1gm Tab
- The medicine is contraindicated in case of the following patients: Those who are allergic to tranexamic acid or any other ingredients in the medicine
- Those with kidney disorder
- Those with history of fits or blood clots
Side effects of Trenaxa 1gm Tab
- Trenaxa 1gm Tab side effects include: Back pain
- Joint or muscle pain
- Vision disturbance
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Trenaxa 1gm Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
Trenaxa 1gm Tab should be taken in pregnancy only if prescribed by a physician.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
The medicine should not be taken while breastfeeding as it passes through the breast milk in small quantities.
Can I drive if I have consumed Trenaxa 1gm Tab?
Yes you can drive. However, if the medicine causes dizziness then consult a physician and avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Trenaxa 1gm Tab?
There are no known interactions of alcohol with tranexamic acid. However, physician should be consulted if consuming alcohol during treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
The physician should be informed about history of any blood clotting or any heart disease prior to consumption of the medicine.
Mode of Action of Trenaxa 1gm Tab
How Does It Work?
Trenaxa 1gm Tab composition prevents the rapid breakdown of the blood clot and prevents excessive bleeding in menstruation or other conditions (trauma, surgery, etc.).
Directions for Use of Trenaxa 1gm Tab
The tablet has to be taken orally as prescribed by the physician.
Interactions of Trenaxa 1gm Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- The medicine contains tranexamic acid which may interact with certain medicines as follows: Interaction with hormonal birth control pills may increase the risk of blood clots
- Interaction with anticoagulants like warfarin may decrease the effect of tranexamic acid
Interactions with food items
Interactions with food are unknown.
Other general Interactions
Interactions with other conditions are unknown.
Storage and disposal of Trenaxa 1gm Tab
The medicine has to be stored in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
Dosage of Trenaxa 1gm Tab
- Emergency medical advice is suggested in case of an overdose of the medicine.
- Symptoms of tranexamic acid overdose are as follows: severe dizziness
- low blood pressure
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, the physician should be consulted. No compensation is required for a missed dose of the medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are things I should inform the doctor prior to consumption of Trenaxa 1gm Tab?
- Prior to consumption of the tablet the doctor should be informed of the following:
- History of blood clotting
- Kidney disorders
- Heart diseases
- History of bleeding in the brain
- Irregular menstrual bleeding of unknown cause
Q: What are the other precautions to be taken while taking Trenaxa 1gm Tab?
A: The medicine should be used cautiously in elderly and children as they are more sensitive to it.
Q: What are the ideal storage conditions for Trenaxa 1gm Tab?
A: The tablet should be stored in an airtight container, in a cool and dry place. Keep away from excessive heat and sunlight. Keep away from children and pets.
Q: What are the long-term effects of the medicine?
A: The tablet contains tranexamic acid which can cause vision disturbances on long-term use. Therefore, regular eye check-up should be done during treatment.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved