Trazalon 25mg Tablet
Trazalon 25 MG Description
Trazalon tablet is a prescription medicine used to treat all types of depression. It has a single active ingredient, Trazodone. It is an antidepressant medication that helps in modulating the levels
of specific chemical messengers to regulate mood and improve behaviour. Trazalon tablets are used to treat depression, even in those who failed to respond to other medications. It works by decreasing restlessness, stress, fear, irritability, loss of interest, and other symptoms of depression and anxiety. When used in moderate amounts, this medicine does not cause addiction. However, there may be physical dependency (symptoms occur when the medicine is not taken) in persons using Trazalon for a long time. Take this medicine exactly as prescribed by the doctor. It may cause side effects like sleeplessness, constipation, low sex desire, etc., but typically do not require medical attention. However, if they persist, consult a doctor. Trazalon tablets are to be used with caution as they tend to cause changes in mood and suicidal thoughts. Do not suddenly stop using this medicine; this can cause withdrawal symptoms like irritation, sweating, low heart rate, vomiting, etc.
|You Save||₹5.06 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||All types of depression|
|Side effects||Headache, Confusion, Vomiting, Bad taste in Mouth, Nausea, Diarrhea, Constipation, Changes in appetite or weight, Weakness or tiredness, Nervousness, Dizziness or lightheadedness, Feeling unsteady when walking, Decreased ability to concentrate or remember things, Muscle pain, Changes in sexual desire or ability, Sweating, Nightmares, Dry mouth, Numbness, Uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body|
Uses of Trazalon 25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Trazalon tablets are antidepressant medicines used to treat all types of depression.
Contraindications of Trazalon 25 MG
Side effects of Trazalon 25 MG
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Weakness or tiredness
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Decreased ability to concentrate or remember things
- Muscle pain
- Dry mouth
- Changes in sexual desire or ability
Precautions and Warnings of Trazalon 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are over 65 years; slow metabolism in older persons increases the risk of side effects of Trazalon tablets.
- You take herbal or Ayurvedic products or supplements; some of these can cause adverse effects when combined with Trazalon tablets.
- You experience mood changes or thoughts of self-harming. Seek medical help immediately.
- You have a surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have conditions like sickle cell anaemia (a disorder of red blood cells), leukaemia (cancer of white blood cells), multiple myeloma (cancer of plasma cells), Peyronie’s disease (a condition that affects the shape of the penis such as its angle), etc....
- You have a heart, liver or kidney disease.
Mode of Action of Trazalon 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Trazalon 25 MG
- Take the Trazalon tablet exactly in the prescribed dose and the duration.
- Do not increase the medicine dose, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Have the tablet whole with a glass of water; do not break or chew it.
- Do not use the medicine if its packaging is open or damaged.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects.
- Do not take it with other medicines without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Trazalon 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Trazalon tablets along with other antidepressant medications like linezolid, diazepam, fluoxetine, etc., can cause severe reactions.
- Using high doses of opioid painkillers, such as tramadol, with Trazalon tablets can cause extreme drowsiness and other side effects.
- Combining Trazalon tablets with blood thinners like aspirin, warfarin, etc., can increase the risk of abnormal bleeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are using certain antibiotics, HIV medicines, etc., before starting your Trazalon regime.
- Trazalon tablets can interact with many other medicines. Inform your doctor of all current treatments and medication before taking Trazalon tablets.
Interactions with food items
- There is not much data available on food interactions with Trazalon tablets. Try to take this medicine with food to prevent a stomach upset.
Storage and disposal of Trazalon 25 MG
Dosage of Trazalon 25 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Trazalon tablets include drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, seizures, fainting, low blood pressure and loss of consciousness. In case of an overdose or if experiencing any of these symptoms, seek immediate medical treatment from the nearest medical centre....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do Trazalon tablets cause addiction?
Q: Should I take the Trazalon tablet before or after a meal?
- You can take Trazalon tablets with or without food. But try to take it at the same time each day to maintain stable levels of this medicine in the body.
- Trazodone: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. US National Library of Medicine [25 Jan 2022 cited]
- Frecska E. Trazodone: Its Multifunctional Mechanism of Action and Clinical Use [Internet].
- Neuropsychopharmacology Hungarica: A Magyar Pszichofarmakológiai Egyesület lapja (Official Journal of the Hungarian Association of Psychopharmacology). US National Library of Medicine [cited 25 Jan 2022]
- Einarson A, Bonari L, Voyer-Lavigne S, Addis A, Matsui D, Johnson Y, Koren G. A Multicentre Prospective Controlled Study to Determine the Safety of Trazodone and Nefazodone Use During Pregnancy [Internet]. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. Revue Canadienne de Psychiatrie. US National Library of Medicine [cited 25 Jan 2022]