Traxocef S Inj
By MAXO CHEM LIMITED
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
Traxocef S Inj contains a combination of Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam, a higher antibiotic.
Uses of Traxocef S Inj
- It is used for severe and serious infections like urinary tract infection, respiratory tract infections, septicaemia, brain infection and infections caused by bacteria that do not respond to other antibioticsread less
Contraindications of Traxocef S Inj
- If you are allergic to Ceftriaxone, Sulbactam or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Monobactams and Carbapenems
- Should not be given to premature babies
- If a newborn has jaundice or is on calcium injection treatment
- If a newborn is suffering from increased bilirubin (liver enzyme) in blood
Side effects of Traxocef S Inj
- Loose stools
- Rash and severe skin allergies
- Itching and pain at the injection site
- Increased liver enzymes
- Decrease in white blood cells and red blood cells
- Increased number of eosinophils (Eosinophilia)
- Increased creatinine levels in blood
Precautions and Warnings of Traxocef S Inj
Can I take Traxocef S Inj during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known, it must be used if prescribed by your doctor
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby
- Your doctor will give you this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks
Can I take Traxocef S Inj while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes in human milk in low amounts
- The baby should be monitored for antibiotic-related side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infection of mouth
- Your doctor will decide if this medicine should be discontinued when you are breastfeeding, only after assessing the benefit over risks
Can I drive if I have consumed Traxocef S Inj?
You may feel dizzy after taking this injection. Therefore, be cautious or avoid driving after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Traxocef S Inj?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effect like dizziness. It is advisable to avoid alcohol after getting injected.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy after taking this antibiotic
- You have developed diarrhea after taking this medicine, immediately stop this medicine and inform your doctor
- You have serious liver and kidney disease
- You are suffering from gall bladder disease
- You are suffering from anaemia
- You are suffering from disease of bowel inflammation (Colitis)
Mode of Action of Traxocef S Inj
How Does It Work?
- Traxocef S Inj acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections
- However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Ceftriaxone
- Sulbactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Ceftriaxone to function optimally
Directions for Use of Traxocef S Inj
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Traxocef S Inj
Interactions with other medicines
There is no information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Sulbactam & Ceftriaxone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination This injection should never be given along with Ringer's or Hartmann's solution If you are taking warfarin, then there is increased risk of bleeding This injection should never be given through the IV line through which calcium-containing solutions are given
Storage and disposal of Traxocef S Inj
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly
Dosage of Traxocef S Inj
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection. Therefore it is less likely you shall receive more of this medicine
- However, if you experience any side effects after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take before taking Traxocef S Inj?
A: You need to inform your doctor if you have any allergy to any other antibiotic or specific allergen.
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed duration of antibiotics by your doctor. Otherwise, there is a possibility of reoccurrence of the infection.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved