Tranostat 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Tranostat 500 MG Description
Tranostat tablet is used to stop bleeding in diseases or conditions that lead to excessive bleeding from the body. It contains tranexamic acid as an active ingredient. Avoid using this medicine if yo
are allergic to it, have any kidney or blood diseases, history of fits. This medicine should be taken as instructed by the doctor. Take it in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding, and about all the medicines, and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
- Melano Tx Od 500mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy La Pristine Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 297.00₹ 252.45₹ 16.83/Tablet
- Trenaxa 500mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.46₹ 103.24₹ 17.21/Tablet
- Pause 500mg TabletBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 202.44₹ 172.07₹ 17.21/Tablet
Uses of Tranostat 500 MG
- Tranostat tablet is used to reduce excessive bleeding in menses (during periods).
- To treat abnormal blood loss during or after a surgical procedure.
- To reduce bleeding from the nose known as epistaxis.
- To control internal bleeding in the body due to abnormal blood clotting mechanism.
- During and following tooth extractions in patients suffering from a bleeding disorder named haemophilia.
Contraindications of Tranostat 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Tranexamic acid or any other ingredients of Tranostat tablet.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have a history of convulsions or fits.
- If you have blood disorders known to increase blood clotting tendency.
- If you are currently having an episode or a history of different diseases arising because of clot formation in the body called as thromboembolic diseases. E.g. Heart attack or paralysis due to clot in blood vessels in the brain, blood clots in vessels of the lower limbs, etc....
Side effects of Tranostat 500 MG
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Muscle pain
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Tranostat 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from kidney disease.
- You are passing blood in the urine.
- You are taking oral contraceptive pills.
- You have a history of blood clots in blood vessels or with a family history of the same.
- You are suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding or irregular periods.
- If you experience visual disturbances, you should stop the medications and consult your doctor immediately.
- You may require regular eye checks if you are consuming this medicine for a long time on a doctor's prescription.
Mode of Action of Tranostat 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tranostat 500 MG
Interactions of Tranostat 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- The effect of Tranostat tablet will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations.
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin).
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with this medicine, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills....
Storage and disposal of Tranostat 500 MG
Dosage of Tranostat 500 MG
- If you accidentally end up taking a dose higher than prescribed, you may experience symptoms like feeling sick, nausea and vomiting, or be dizzy or light-headed upon standing. A headache may also accompany this. A very high dose may also lead to convulsions, low blood pressure...
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Tranostat medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of this medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you missed any dose of Tranostat, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.