Topp 40mg Tablet
Topp 40 MG Description
Topp Tablet is a medicine used to reduce acid production in stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It contains pantoprazol
e as an active ingredient. It is works by reducing the amount of acid produced in stomach by blocking a pump called proton pump in stomach wall responsible for formation of acid. This medicine should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications can help you manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly, avoid overeating and lying down immediatley after having a meal, limit alcohol intake, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult your doctor to understand what works for you best.
Uses of Topp 40 MG
Contraindications of Topp 40 MG
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of Topp Tablet.
- If you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
Side effects of Topp 40 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Topp 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver problems.
- You are taking painkiller medicines.
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV.
- You have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. Topp Tablet is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use (longer than 3 years).
- You are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may advice to perform regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment with Pantoprazole and inform your doctor as this may be a symptom of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). This medicine may alter the results.
Mode of Action of Topp 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Topp 40 MG
- Topp Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor
- This medicine is taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach
Interactions of Topp 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Topp Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for fungal infection, anti-HIV medicines, blood thinner medicines and medicines for cancer.
Storage and disposal of Topp 40 MG
- Store in cool and dry place away from sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of childrens and pets
Dosage of Topp 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Topp Tablet?
Q: What is Topp Tablet used for?
Q: Can Topp Tablet be taken after food?
- Pansec tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 25 July 2021]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 25 July 2021]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 25 July 2021]