Topisal 3% Lotion 50ml
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
50ml Lotion in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
4 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Topisal Lotion is a combination of Clobetasol and Salicylic acid. Clobetasol is a steroid and salicylic acid is an antiseptic. It can soften the hard layer of skin. It is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as eczema, red sores around the nose and mouth (Impetigo), skin damage (Lesions) and red scaly patches (Psoriasis). Topisal Lotion should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
Uses of Topisal 3% Lotion 50ml
For managing skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, impetigo and dermatitis.
Contraindications of Topisal 3% Lotion 50ml
- This medicine contains clobetasol and salicylic acid, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
- It should not be used for treating infection in your private parts, face, acne, around mouth and skin perforations.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- You should not use this cream if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- The medicine is not meant for children less than 12 years of age.
Side effects of Topisal 3% Lotion 50ml
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Topisal 3% Lotion 50ml
Can I apply Topisal Lotion during pregnancy?
Topisal Lotion contains topical steroids which can potentially harm the baby. Therefore, it should be used only under a doctor's supervision. In case you have been prescribed this cream, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Topisal Lotion while breastfeeding?
Topisal Lotion can be used by a breastfeeding woman if prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of a breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have applied Topisal Lotion?
It does not influence your driving ability since it is applied externally on the skin.
Can I consume alcohol with Topisal Lotion Ointment?
No information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. Alcohol delays healing and make your skin dry. Thus, caution is advised.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any other topical medicine or steroid.
- You experience sudden weight gain, purple stretch marks on arms, breast or stomach, thinning of the skin (Cushing's syndrome).
- You should not use this ointment on open wounds or on a large surface area.
- You are experiencing irritation, dryness, sensitivity on the skin after applying this ointment, discontinue and consult your doctor.
- You should not apply this medicine near the eyes, eyelids, nose or mucous membranes.
- You should not smoke or go near smoke or heat after applying this ointment.
Mode of Action of Topisal 3% Lotion 50ml
How Does It Work?
Topisal Lotion works by the combined action of its two components. Clobetasol is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of a chemical substance that is responsible for itching, swelling and redness. Salicylic acid improves the condition of swelling and redness in the skin and helps in shedding the hard skin or dead skin. It also improves the penetration of clobetasol into the skin.
Directions for Use of Topisal 3% Lotion 50ml
- Use Topisal Lotion as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only, apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Topisal Lotionunless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 15 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Topisal 3% Lotion 50ml
Interactions with other medicines
Topisal Lotion is for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine. There is limited information available on the interaction of Topisal Lotion with other medicines. However, as Topisal Lotion contains two different components, any interaction with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination. Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection. Do not apply any other topical medicine in the area where Topisal Lotion is applied.
Storage and disposal of Topisal 3% Lotion 50ml
- Store Topisal Lotion below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the expired medicine or medicine that is no longer required.
Dosage of Topisal 3% Lotion 50ml
Topisal Lotion is for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of this cream, wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying Topisal Lotion ointment?
- Do not use it for a longer time than your doctor suggested.
- Do not apply this medicine to windburned or sunburned skin or on open wounds.
- Do not use this medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside of the nose.
- Wash your hands afterwards to remove any medicine that may remain on them.
Q: For how long do I need to apply Topisal Lotion ointment?
A: Keep using this medicine for the full time of treatment, even if your symptoms begin to clear up after a short time. If you stop using this medicine too soon, your side effects may get worse.
Q: What is the use of Topisal Lotion ointment?
A: It is used for the treatment of skin conditions such as eczema, impetigo, dermatoses and psoriasis.
Q: Can I go out on a sunny day after applying Topisal Lotion ointment?
A: No, sun exposure to conditions like eczema and skin conditions such as dermatoses can worsen the condition. Therefore, avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
Q: I am having a history of rashes with the use of other medicine, should I use Topisal Lotion ointment?
A: Topisal Lotion may also produce rashes to severe allergic reactions in the body. So, it is always advisable to tell your doctor about your medicine allergy history beforehand.
Last Updated on: 06 Apr 2021 | 10:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved