Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tonact-TG tablet is used to lower the increased cholesterol and triglyceride in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes. It is a combination medicine containing atorvastatin and fenofibrate as active substances. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol and fenofibrate works by breaking down triglyceride fat present in the blood. This reduces the risk of heart diseases and prevents strokes and heart attacks. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding. Also inform about all the medicines and supplements you take and your medical history before starting Tonact-TG tablet....
|You Save||₹78.97 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Fenofibrates(160.0 Mg),Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, indigestion, diarrhoea, joint pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Fenofibrates(160.0 Mg) + Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Tonact-TG tablet is used to lower excess cholesterol and triglyceride present in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes in patients having normal liver and kidney function.
Contraindications of Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin, fenofibrate, or any other ingredient of Tonact-TG tablet.
- If you have kidney disease or liver disease.
- If you have gallbladder disease.
- If you are pregnant or a lactating mother.
Side effects of Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Loose motion
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Tonact-TG tablet during pregnancy?
Tonact-TG tablet is contraindicated for use in pregnancy.
Can I take Tonact-TG tablet while breastfeeding?
Tonact-TG tablet is contraindicated for use in breastfeeding women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tonact-TG tablet?
Tonact-TG tablet has no effect on driving abilities. However, if you experience any side effects after using this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tonact-TG tablet?
Consuming alcohol while on Tonact-TG tablet can cause a liver problem. Avoid consuming alcohol while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a recent history of stroke.
- You have liver disease or had liver problems after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney problems due to muscle injury caused due to this medicine.
- You have muscle pain or muscle weakness with or without a fever after taking this medicine.
- You have diabetes or underactive thyroid.
- You have gallstone after taking this medicine.
- You have allergy or swelling of lips, face, throat, tongue after taking this medicine.
- You have a fever or rash after taking Tonact-TG tablet.
Mode of Action of Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Tonact-TG tablet contains atorvastatin and fenofibrate as active substances. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol. Fenofibrate works by the breakdown of triglyceride fat present in blood.
Directions for Use of Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Tonact-TG tablet as directed by your doctor.
- It should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. Do not break, cut or chew it.
- Take at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Tonact-TG tablet works or Tonact-TG tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Tonact-TG tablet with medicines such as niacin, clarithromycin, itraconazole, and ritonavir can cause muscle problems.
- Concomitant use of Tonact-TG tablet with blood thinner medicines such as warfarin increases the action of warfarin.
- Medicines such as clarithromycin, erythromycin, diltiazem, itraconazole, glecaprevir, and pibrentasvir or can cause an increase in the blood level of Tonact-TG tablet when taken together.
- Medicines such as efavirenz and rifampin can cause a decrease in the blood level of Tonact-TG tablet when used concomitantly.
- Concomitant use of Tonact-TG tablet with medicines such as cyclosporine and tacrolimus can cause kidney problems.
Interactions with food items
Consumption of excessive grapefruit juice (more than 1.2 lit/day) along with Tonact-TG tablet can increase the blood level of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Tonact-TG tablets below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of Tonact-TG tablet include difficulty in breathing. If you have taken too much of Tonact-TG tablet, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Tonact-TG tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take crushed Tonact-TG tablet?
A: Tonact-TG tablet should be taken as a whole with or without food at a fixed time every day.
Q: Does Tonact-TG tablet cause liver damage?
A: Tonact-TG tablet can cause liver damage as a side effect of using this medicine. Therefore Tonact-TG tablet intake should be avoided by people having liver disease.
Q: Does Tonact-TG tablet cause muscle injury?
A: Tonact-TG tablet can cause muscle injury as a side effect of using this medicine. Muscle injury due to intake of Tonact-TG tablet can cause kidney failure. Consult your doctor immediately if you have muscle pain or weakness after taking this medicine.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I adopt while taking Tonact-TG tablet?
A: Tonact-TG tablet is prescribed by your doctor to decrease bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels in your blood. Along with medication, lifestyle changes such as regular exercise, decrease in body weight in case of obesity, consumption of diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol is necessary.
Q: When should I take Tonact-TG tablet?
A: You should take Tonact-TG tablet exactly the doctor has prescribed you an exact dose and duration. It can be taken at any time of the day but it's better if you take it at the same time every day for maximum benefits.
Q: What is the composition of Tonact-TG tablet?
A: Tonact-TG tablet composition includes- a combination of atorvastatin and fenofibrate, as its active component.
Q: What is Tonact-TG tablet used for?
A: Tonact-TG tablet is used to lower excess bad cholesterol and triglyceride present in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes in patients having normal liver and kidney function.
Q: Is Tonact-TG tablet a blood thinner?
A: No, it is not a blood thinner. Tonact-TG tablet works by lowering bad cholesterol and breakdown of triglyceride fat present in the blood thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and preventing strokes and heart attacks.
Q: Can I stop taking Tonact-TG tablet if I feel better?
A: No, you should not stop taking Tonact-TG tablet abruptly without talking to your doctor. If you feel better, inform your doctor. Depending on your signs and symptoms, your doctor may reduce the dose of the medicines.
Q: Will Tonact-TG tablet cause weight gain?
A: Some individuals may experience weight gain while using Tonact-TG tablet. Ask your doctor for advice if you gain weight while using this medicine.
Q: Will Tonact-TG tablet also lower triglycerides along with cholesterol?
A: Yes, Tonact-TG tablet is known to lower the triglyceride level along with cholesterol.
- Ciplamed - Atorlip-F [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 07 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 07 Apr 2022]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 07 Apr 2022]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 07 Apr 2022]
- Fenofibrate 200 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 07 Apr 2022]
- Fenofibrate 200 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 07 Apr 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.