Thaloric 12.5mg Tablet
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thaloric Tablet contains chlorthalidone, which belongs to the diuretic group of medicine. It is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure. This medicine lowers the raised blood pressure by increasing the excretion of water and sodium from the body through urine. It is to be taken with food at a fixed time of day as prescribed by your doctor. You should take this Tablet at a fixed time every day to gain optimal therapeutic benefits. You should not abruptly stop taking this medicine, as it can lead to hypertensive crisis and even heart failure. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹12.58 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, dizziness, low blood pressure|
Check more medicines with composition as Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Thaloric 12.5mg Tablet
Uses of Thaloric 12.5 MG
- Thaloric Tablet is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure.
- It is also used as a supportive treatment to reduce swelling caused by the accumulation of fluid in the body either due to heart disease, liver disease or kidney disease.
Contraindications of Thaloric 12.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Chlorthalidone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If your urine output in 24 hours is very low (less than 100ml).
Side effects of Thaloric 12.5 MG
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Thaloric 12.5 MG
Can I take Thaloric Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine are known to be harmful to the foetus. Thus, it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine, then immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Thaloric Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of this medicine in lactating women. However, as a component of this medicine is known to be excreted in milk, this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Thaloric Tablet?
Thaloric Tablet may cause dizziness. If you are feeling dizzy after taking this medicine, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Thaloric Tablet?
Drinking alcohol, along with this medicine, increases dizziness. Therefore, alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your blood pressure is low or you have dehydration.
- You have kidney disease or you are on a salt-restricted diet.
- The use of Thaloric Tablets may cause low levels of electrolytes in the body. It is advisable to monitor electrolytes periodically.
Mode of Action of Thaloric 12.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Thaloric Tablet lowers blood pressure by increasing the excretion of water and sodium through urine.
Directions for Use of Thaloric 12.5 MG
Thaloric Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Thaloric 12.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Thaloric Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Taking Thaloric Tablet, along with other medications used for high blood pressure, increases the action of other medicines.
- Taking this medicine with lithium decreases the excretion of lithium through urine, leading to the accumulation of lithium in the body.
Storage and disposal of Thaloric 12.5 MG
- Store Thaloric Tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Thaloric 12.5 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Thaloric Tablet include dizziness, weakness, nausea, etc. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Thaloric Tablet?
A: Thaloric Tablet is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure. In higher dosage, it is also used to decrease swelling caused by the accumulation of fluid in the body (oedema).
Q: Is Thaloric a diuretic?
A: Yes, it is a diuretic that acts on the kidneys to eliminate the excess water and salt from the body.
Q: Can Thaloric be taken every day?
A: Based on your underlying condition, your doctor will prescribe it to you for a few days or prolonged duration. Take this medicine daily only if the doctor has prescribed it to you, visit your doctor regularly to get your blood pressure checked.
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.