Tenohep 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ZYDUS LIFESCIENCES LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tenohep 300 MG Description
Tenohep Tablet is used for the treatment of adult patients suffering from Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection. It contains tenofovir as its active ingredient. This medicine stops the growth
of the virus, thus decreasing its concentration in the blood. Take this medicine with food and water. You may experience side effects like nausea, vomiting, gastric upset, headache, dizziness, abdominal pain, decrease in electrolyte levels in the body with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if you have any liver, kidney, bone or low immunity.
|You Save||₹77.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tenofovir Disoproxil(300.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, headache, abdominal pain|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR HEPATITIS B|
Check more medicines with composition as Tenofovir Disoproxil(300.0 Mg)
Uses of Tenohep 300 MG
Tenohep Tablet is used for the treatment of adult patients suffering from Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection.
Contraindications of Tenohep 300 MG
If you are allergic to tenofovir or any other ingredient of Tenohep Tablet.
Side effects of Tenohep 300 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Electrolyte imbalance
Precautions and Warnings of Tenohep 300 MG
Can I take Tenohep Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information regarding the safety of the Tenohep Tablet in pregnant women. Hence it is advisable to consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take a Tenohep Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information regarding the safety of the Tenohep Tablet in lactating mothers. Hence it is advisable to consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tenohep Tablets?
Tenohep Tablet may cause dizziness, headache, tiredness or muscle weakness. So, if you experience any of these side effects, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tenohep Tablets?
Alcohol can increases the side effect of Tenohep Tablet such as dizziness, liver damage, headache. Thus, you should avoid alcohol while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from a Hepatitis B virus infection.
- You have a liver-related disorder.
- You have kidney-related disorders.
- You have bone-related issues.
Mode of Action of Tenohep 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Tenofovir blocks important enzymes of HIV and Hepatitis B virus, that is needed for development and growth. Thus it interferes with viral multiplication. It decreases the amount of virus in the blood (called viral load) and may help to increase the number of T cells (responsible for the immunity)....
Directions for Use of Tenohep 300 MG
- Take medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, at a fixed time.
- Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- This medicine must be taken with food.
Interactions of Tenohep 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Tenohep Tablet works, or the Tenohep Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Tenohep 300 MG
- Store at a temperature below 30°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Tightly close the bottle.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Tenohep 300 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the chances of not having an HIV infection after taking the Tenohep Tablet?
A: Tenohep Tablets are used for the treatment of HIV type -1 and Hepatitis Virus infection along with other antiretroviral medicines. This medicine does not prevent the risk of transmission of new virus infection, so always use appropriate precautions as per national guidelines for the prevention of transmission of new virus infection.
Q: I am suffering from Tuberculosis and HIV-1 virus infection so can I take Tenohep Tablet?
- Always inform your doctor about all your medical conditions and medicines which you are taking currently.
- Some medicine might alter the effectiveness of the Tenohep Tablet or the Tenohep Tablet may alter the effectiveness of other medicines, so always consult your doctor.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed