Tendia 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ERIS LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tendia 20 MG Description
This medicine contains Teneligliptin which belongs to a class of anti-diabetic medicine. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in combination with diet and exercise.
|You Save||₹29.70 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Teneligliptin(20.0 Mg)
31 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Tendia 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glyceliptin Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 115.00₹ 97.7541.89% CHEAPER₹ 9.78/Tablet
- Tenepla 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.00₹ 85.0049.49% CHEAPER₹ 8.50/Tablet
- Tenebite 20mg Tablets 15'sBy Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 197.60₹ 167.9633.45% CHEAPER₹ 11.20/Tablet
- Teneliglip 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Akumentis Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 139.00₹ 118.1529.77% CHEAPER₹ 11.82/Tablet
- Tenglyn 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Zydus Healthcare Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.45₹ 157.6337.55% CHEAPER₹ 10.51/Tablet
- Glipijub 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Jubilant Generics Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.16₹ 161.6435.95% CHEAPER₹ 10.78/Tablet
- Megagliptin 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.7552.05% CHEAPER₹ 8.08/Tablet
- Ibgliptin 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Indiabulls Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 114.95₹ 68.9759% CHEAPER₹ 6.9/Tablet
- Eternex T 20mg TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 124.09₹ 105.4837.31% CHEAPER₹ 10.55/Tablet
- Zita Plus 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 232.00₹ 197.2021.87% CHEAPER₹ 13.15/Tablet
Uses of Tendia 20 MG
It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in combination with diet and exercise.
Contraindications of Tendia 20 MG
- If you are allergic to teneligliptin or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a metabolism-related problem called ketosis (when your body utilizes fats for energy and not sugar).
- If you have type1 diabetes mellitus.
- If you are suffering from a serious infection and have experienced diabetic coma (an emergency condition in which blood sugar gets too high).
- If you have to undergo surgery or are suffering from a serious physical injury, these may require insulin for controlling blood sugar.
- You have a known history of pancreatitis.
Side effects of Tendia 20 MG
- Low blood sugar, be watchful for symptoms of low blood sugar like trembling, sweating, anxiety, blurred vision, tingling lips, paleness, irritability or confusion
- Stomach pain
- Skin allergy (Itching, rashes)
Precautions and Warnings of Tendia 20 MG
Can I take Tendia 20mg Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take this medicine during pregnancy. Limited information is available about its safety in pregnancy. This medicine should not be taken if you are pregnant.
Can I take Tendia 20mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine as limited information is available on how this medicine can affect your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tendia 20mg Tablet?
- This medicine is known to cause low blood sugar levels which can impair your driving ability.
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
- Do not consume sugar-free items at such episodes.
Can I consume alcohol with Tendia 20mg Tablet?
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol with this medicine as it affects blood glucose levels.
- It can decrease or increase the blood sugar level depending on the quantity and frequency of alcohol consumption.
- It increases the appetite and you tend to consume more calories and it interferes with the way this medicine works.
- Alcohol can also increase the risk of developing serious side effects of pancreatitis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have serious liver and kidney function problems.
- If you have a known history of pancreatitis or develop sudden pain in the stomach or back, immediately stop the medicine and report to the hospital.
- You have malnutrition, are dieting, taking irregular meals, doing vigorous muscle exercise and consuming too much alcohol, then you may experience low blood sugar.
- You have undergone any surgery on the stomach or intestine.
- You have heart problems like irregular heart rhythm and heart failure as it may increase the symptoms further.
- You are taking other medicines to treat diabetes like Insulin and Glimepiride, a drastic fall in blood glucose can occur.
Mode of Action of Tendia 20 MG
How Does It Work?
- When we eat, glucose increases in the body. The small intestine increases the release of certain chemicals called incretins. These play an important role in controlling blood glucose. But these are rapidly degraded by an enzyme called DPP-4....
- Teneligliptin inhibits this DPP-4. Thus, incretins don’t get degraded rapidly and can act to control blood glucose.
- It increases insulin synthesis by the pancreas, thereby reducing glucose levels.
- It also decreases glucagon levels which is a counter-hormone of insulin, thereby further decreasing blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Tendia 20 MG
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. It can be taken with or after food.
Interactions of Tendia 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Tendia 20mg Tablet works and Tendia 20mg Tablet itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together.
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Metformin, Insulin, Canagliflozin, Liraglutide, medicines used to treat depression like Phenelzine, medicines for fever and pain (salicylates like aspirin) and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol and Propranolol....
- You may have high blood sugar if you are taking steroids, thyroxine.
- Never take this medicine if you are taking medicines like Quinidine, Sotalol, Procainamide and Amiodarone as it may cause heart rhythm problems and cardiac arrest.
Storage and disposal of Tendia 20 MG
- Store below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Tendia 20 MG
An overdose of this medicine will lead to low blood sugar levels and you may experience symptoms like dizziness, fainting, sweating and tremors. If you have the blood glucometer with you, test immediately and confirm. Whether you test your levels or not, it is important to take some glucose water/juice/eat sugar or chocolates immediately and then rush to your doctor....
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose is not advised as it will lead to fluctuations in your blood sugar.
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one as taking a double dose can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose which can be dangerous.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are other lifestyle modifications I need to consider to manage diabetes?
- This disease cannot be cured completely. However, you can control it. Here are a few simple tips to control diabetes:
- Plan your diet and consume a balanced diet.
- Limit carbohydrate and sugar intake.
- Exercise regularly.
- Monitor your blood glucose regularly.
- Take your anti-diabetic medication on time.
Q: What diet should I follow?
- Your diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while traveling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry, you could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee and deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed