Temsunol D Tablet
Temsunol D Tablet Description
Temsunol D tablet is used in the management of benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH, also called benign prostatic hyperplasia). It is a common condition in older men where there is an enlargement of the
prostate gland. A few common symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy include incomplete emptying of the bladder, trouble passing urine, frequent need to pass urine and a weak urine flow. Temsunol D tablet contains a combination of tamsulosin and dutasteride as active ingredients. It works by relaxing the muscles in the prostate and urethra (the tube that carries urine outside the body) and helping in reducing the size of the enlarged prostate. Take Temsunol D tablet in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor about your complete medical history. Also, inform the doctor about all other medicines and supplements you take. Temsunol D tablet is not recommended for use in children below 18 years of age. This medicine is not meant to be used for the prevention of prostate cancer.
|You Save||₹31.72 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dutasteride(0.5 Mg) + Tamsulosin(0.4 Mg)|
|Uses||Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)|
|Side effects||Low sexual drive, ejaculation problem, dizziness|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
- Dutalosin Tablets 15'sBy Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 286.56₹ 243.589.68% CHEAPER₹ 16.24/Tablet
Uses of Temsunol D Tablet
Contraindications of Temsunol D Tablet
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin, dutasteride or any of the ingredients of Temsunol D tablet.
- If you have a liver disorder or liver function problem.
- If you experience giddiness or fall when you gradually get up from a sitting position.
Side effects of Temsunol D Tablet
- Low sexual drive
- Ejaculation problem
Precautions and Warnings of Temsunol D Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of heart disease, chest pain, and breathlessness.
- You feel giddiness, fainting, or fall when you gradually get up
- You have a history of liver or kidney problems.
- You have a planned cataract surgery.
- If you experience breast enlargement, tenderness, or nipple discharge, immediately inform your doctor
- You must use a physical contraceptive barrier like a condom and make sure your partner doesn't conceive when you are on this medicine.
Mode of Action of Temsunol D Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Temsunol D tablet contains a combination of tamsulosin and dutasteride as active ingredients.
- Tamsulosin helps in relaxing the muscles of the prostate and urethra (the tube that carries urine outside the body).
- Dutasteride interferes with the formation of the chemical responsible for the enlargement of the prostate gland. This helps in reducing the size of the enlarged prostate.
Directions for Use of Temsunol D Tablet
- Temsunol D tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Temsunol D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Temsunol D tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
- Your blood pressure can decrease if you are taking blood pressure-lowering medicines or taking sildenafil or prazosin along with Temsunol D tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with antifungals like ketoconazole, antidepressants like paroxetine and medicines used to manage heart-related chest pain like verapamil and diltiazem should be
- avoided as there can be increased chances of side effects.
- Long-term use of this tablet along with anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, indinavir and antidepressants like nefazodone should be avoided.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Temsunol D Tablet
- Store Temsunol D tablet below 30°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Temsunol D Tablet
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Temsunol D tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time.
- Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)