Telvas 40mg Tablet
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telvas 40 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure. It contains telmisartan as its active ingredient. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regular
ly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Some common side effects of the Telvas 40 tablet are headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Before using the Telvas 40 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Telvas 40mg Tablet
Telvas 40 Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used to reduce heart problems like heart attack or stroke.
Contraindications of Telvas 40mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Telmisartan or any other ingredients of Telvas 40 tablet
- If you are in second or third trimesters of pregnancy
- If you have blockage of any duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder (obstructive biliary disorders) or severe liver disease
- If you have diabetes or severe kidney impairment and you are been treated with aliskiren (medicine used to treat high blood pressure)
Side effects of Telvas 40mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Flu-like symptoms
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Telvas 40mg Tablet
Can I take Telvas 40 during pregnancy?
Do not take Telvas 40 mg tablet if you are pregnant or if you are planning to have a baby as it may cause harm to your baby. If you are currently on this medication and get pregnant or are planning a pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor, so that your doctor can prescribe a suitable alternative.
Can I take Telvas 40 while breastfeeding?
Telvas 40 tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding. It is advised to consult your doctor for alternative treatment that is safe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telvas 40?
You may experience dizziness or drowsiness while on treatment with Telvas 40 that can affect your ability to drive. Hence caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Telvas 40?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment with Telvas 40 tablet as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant or liver disease
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- You develop diarrhea, vomiting, this dehydration can result in low blood pressure, have adequate about of water and fluids
- You have any heart disorder
- You are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels)
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood
- You are suffering from diabetes
- You are taking medicines like Ramipril, Lisinopril
Mode of Action of Telvas 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body which causes narrowing of blood vessels. This leads to an increase in blood pressure. Telvas 40 prevents the binding of Angiotensin II to its recepto
rs, thus causing the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Telvas 40mg Tablet
- Telvas 40 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Telvas 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used for heart disorder like Digoxin
- If you have diabetes and taking Aliskiren, do not take Telvas 40
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium, potassium-sparing diuretics
- ACE inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists (medicines used to treat high blood pressure)
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug products (NSAIDs) used as painkillers
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, Heparin
- Immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus)
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Trimethoprim
- Medicines known as Diuretics (water pills) used to treat high blood pressure like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids used to treat inflamed area of body parts
Interactions with food items
Telvas 40 tablet can be taken with or without food. It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli, potatoes.
Storage and disposal of Telvas 40mg Tablet
- Telvas 40 mg tablet does not require any special storage conditions
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Telvas 40mg Tablet
- Overdose symptoms of Telvas 40 tablet can include irregular heartbeat, dizziness, low blood pressure, kidney failure and loss of consciousness.
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Telvas 40 take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take potassium supplements with Telvas 40?
- No, do not take any supplements containing potassium or potassium salts with tab Telvas 40 tablet
- Telvas 40 is known to increase blood potassium levels
- Periodic tests to determine blood potassium are done when one is taking Telvas 40 mg tablet
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana
- Limit meat intake
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fiber
Q: Can I stop Telvas 40 tablet on my own?
- No, you should not suddenly stop taking Telvas 40 tablet without consulting your doctor.
- If you stop the medication suddenly, you may suffer from severe heart and blood pressure-related problems.
- Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Q: Is Telvas 40 and Telma 40 same?
A: Yes, both the medicines contains telmisartan as their active ingredient.
Q: Can I take Telvas 40 along with antidiabetic medicines?
A: Yes, you can take this medicine along with your antidiabetic medicines as prescribed by your doctor.
- Micardis 40 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 August 2021]
- Lactmed - Telmisartan [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 3 August 2021]
- PrAG-Telmisartan (Telmisartan Tablets USP) [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 3 August 2021]
- Micardis 40 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 August 2021]
- CDSCO - Telmisartan [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 21 Oct 2021 | 04:59 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved