Telvas 3d Tablet
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telvas 3d Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing a combination of three medicines - Amlodipine, Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. It is used to treat high blood pressure. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all the medicines you take and your past medical history.
Uses of Telvas 3d Tablet
Telvas 3d Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Telvas 3d Tablet
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine, Telmisartan, Hydrochlorothiazide or any other ingredients of Telvas 3d Tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you suffer from any heart conditions like shock, irregular heartbeats, heart attack, low pulse or heart output, etc.
- If you have diabetes or some kidney issues and are taking medicines containing aliskiren to treat your high blood pressure.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have low potassium, low sodium, high calcium or high uric acid levels in your blood.
Side effects of Telvas 3d Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain
- Diarrhoea; constipation
- Weakness, tiredness, sleepiness
- Runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose
- Sore throat, cough
- Swelling of ankles
- Body pain, joint pain, bone pain
- Frequent urination, urinary tract infection
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in breathing, chest pain, palpitations
Precautions and Warnings of Telvas 3d Tablet
Can I take Telvas 3d Tablet during pregnancy?
Telvas 3d Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful effects on the unborn baby. If you get pregnant while on treatment, inform your doctor immediately. Consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Telvas 3d Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Telvas 3d Tablet pass into breastmilk and may cause harm to the unborn baby. Hence, it is not recommended for use while breastfeeding. Your doctor may suggest an alternative medicine, especially when you are breastfeeding a newborn or premature baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telvas 3d Tablet?
You may experience dizziness and visual disturbances like a blurred vision while taking Telvas 3d Tablet. Hence, it is advised to avoid driving if you experience any such side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Telvas 3d Tablet?
It is unsafe for you to consume alcohol while on treatment with Telvas 3d Tablet as it may worsen your side-effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are on a low-salt diet.
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting.
- You suffer from heart diseases.
- You have asthma or any other allergies.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You are suffering from diabetes.
- You recently had a heart attack.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- You are suffering from an autoimmune condition called lupus.
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels.
- You experience severe diarrhoea causing weight loss or eye pain or reduced vision.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You have skin cancer or experience any skin reactions (skin rash, redness, sunburns) on being exposed to sunlight.
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc.
- Telvas 3d Tablet is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Telvas 3d Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Telvas 3d Tablet works by the combined action of all its active components - Amlodipine, Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Amlodipine and Telmisartan work by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
- Hydrochlorothiazide works by helping the body get rid of extra fluid or water through urine, eventually lowering your blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telvas 3d Tablet
Telvas 3d Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Telvas 3d Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Telvas 3d Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with lithium (used in psychiatric illness) is not recommended. If the use is necessary, your doctor may monitor your blood lithium levels regularly.
- You should avoid taking medicines (like aliskiren, Captopril, Candesartan) along with this medicine, as it may increase your risk of having more side effects.
- Simultaneous use of Telvas 3d Tablet is not recommended along with other antihypertensive medicines (like prazosin, hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide) may increase the blood pressure-lowering effect of this medicine.Read less
- Medicines like Spironolactone, potassium supplements may increase your blood potassium level if taken along and thus they should not be used simultaneously.
- Concomitant use of Dantrolene (used to treat muscle stiffness and spasms) along with this medicine should be avoided.
- Medicines like Baclofen, aspirin, ibuprofen, amifostine, phenobarbital, colesevelam, simvastatin, antacids (aluminium magnesium hydroxide), ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infection), rifampicin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), verapamil (used to treat heart problems), tacrolimus (used to increase your immune system), ciclosporin (used to suppress your immune system) should be used with caution along with Telvas 3d Tablet.Read less
Interactions with food items
Telvas 3d Tablet can be taken with or without food. You should avoid consuming grapefruit or its juice while on treatment with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Telvas 3d Tablet
Telvas 3d Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Telvas 3d Tablet
- Excess of Telvas 3d Tablet may lead to irregular heartbeats and low blood pressure.
- You may experience symptoms like dizziness, nausea, sleepiness, unconsciousness, dehydration, unclear vision.
- Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Telvas 3d Tablet?
A: Telvas 3d Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing a combination of three medicines - Amlodipine, Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. It is used for treating high blood pressure.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
A: You should plan a balanced diet containing proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables. Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits. You need to limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake. Exercise regularly and reduce weight. You must avoid smoking or drinking.
Q: I am experiencing episodes of low blood pressure, what can I do?
- If you are taking Telvas 3d Tablet, in the initial few days you may experience low blood pressure episodes such as lightheadedness, giddiness.
- Take an adequate amount of salt and water.
- Inform your doctor if you have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- If you experience giddiness, lightheadedness, immediately lie down.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved