Telmavas 40mg Tablet
Telmavas 40 MG Description
Telmavas 40 tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine. It contains telmisartan as an active ingredient. Telmavas 40 is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used to reduce the
risk of heart-related conditions such as stroke, heart attack etc. This medicine works by relaxing the blood vessels by blocking the action of an enzyme responsible for the constriction of blood vessels. The dose and duration of the treatment of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after careful assessment of your condition. Hypertension or high blood pressure is a critical health condition if not treated well can affect other organs or lead to other health-related conditions. Hence it is important to take your medicines on time regularly and incorporate certain lifestyle modifications for effective blood pressure control. Staying active, eating a healthy nutritious diet low in salt and fat, avoiding smoking and limiting alcohol consumption are a few such modifications. Consult your doctor for detailed information and he may suggest to you what suits you the best.
|You Save||₹20.26 (30% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Flu-like symptoms, back pain, sinus infection, dizziness|
Uses of Telmavas 40 MG
- For the treatment of high blood pressure
- To reduce the risk of heart related conditions such as heart attack or stroke
Contraindications of Telmavas 40 MG
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are in second or third trimesters of pregnancy
- If you have blockage in bile duct (a duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder) or liver related disease
- If you have diabetes or severe kidney impairment and you are been treated with aliskiren (medicine used to treat high blood pressure)
Side effects of Telmavas 40 MG
- Flu-like symptoms
- Back pain
- Sinus infection
- Lung and airway infection
Precautions and Warnings of Telmavas 40 MG
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning to have a baby
- This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby
- If you are on this medication and planning pregnancy, inform the same to your doctor, so that your prescription can be changed
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant or liver disease
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- You develop diarrhea, vomiting, this dehydration can result in low blood pressure, have adequate about of water and fluids
- You have any heart disorder
- You are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels)
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood
- You are suffering from diabetes
- You are taking medicines like Ramipril, Lisinopril
Mode of Action of Telmavas 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Telmavas 40 MG
- Telmavas 40 tablet should be swallowed with water as directed by your doctor
- Take this medicine at the same time for effective blood pressure control
Interactions of Telmavas 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Telmavas 40 works or the Telmavas 40 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicine used for heart disorder like digoxin, dose adjustment may be required if needs to be used concomitantly with the Telmavas 40.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Telmavas 40 MG
- Telmavas 40 tablet does not require any special storage conditions
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Telmavas 40 MG
- Overdose symptoms can include irregular heartbeat, dizziness, low blood pressure, kidney failure and loss of consciousness
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take potassium supplements with Telmavas 40 tablet?
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit salt in the diet, avoid pickles and packaged foods like chips as it contains excess salt.
- Avoid consuming potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana.
- Stop smoking and limit alcohol consumption. Discuss with your doctor if you drink too often.
Q: What is the composition of Telmavas 40?
Q: How much time does Telmavas 40 take to work?
Q: Is Telmavas 40 a blood thinner?
Q: Can Telmavas 40 be taken twice a day?
- Micardis 20 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- Telmisartan [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- AG-Telmisartan Tablet [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 June 2022]