Telekast F Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Telekast F Tablet is a combination of two medicines, Montelukast and Fexofenadine. They belong to a class of anti-allergic medicines. Telekast F Tablet is used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. It is advised to take this medicine preferably at bedtime as it may cause dizziness.
Uses of Telekast F Tablet
For the treatment of allergic rhinitis in adults only.
Contraindications of Telekast F Tablet
If you are allergic to Montelukast and Fexofenadine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Telekast F Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Throat infection
Precautions and Warnings of Telekast F Tablet
Can I take Telekast F Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine can be used during pregnancy only if your doctor considers it essential.
Can I take Telekast F Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine should not be consumed while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telekast F Tablet?
If you experience dizziness or drowsiness after taking this medicine, do not drive or operate any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Telekast F Tablet?
Avoid using alcohol along with this medicine, especially if you have any liver disease. Consuming alcohol while taking this medicine can worsen the side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any blood disorder, abnormal blood count and swelling of blood vessels.
- You have any heart-related disorder, joint disorder or muscle weakness.
- You are suffering from any brain-related problems like aggression, anxiety, depression, abnormal dreams, lack of sleep, irritation, restlessness or suicidal thoughts.
- You have known allergy to aspirin or other painkillers or you have acute asthma.
- You have kidney or liver function problem or you are an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing rapid heartbeats, palpitations and excessive sweating
Mode of Action of Telekast F Tablet
How Does It Work?
Montelukast works by blocking the action of allergic mediator leukotrienes by binding to leukotriene receptors and helps in relieving the symptoms of allergy. Fexofenadine works by blocking the action of natural substance histamine which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Telekast F Tablet
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as instructed by your doctor.
Interactions of Telekast F Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines acting on the brain to produce calmness if taken along with Telekast F may reduce the alertness and impairment of performance.
- Concomitant use of antibiotic such as erythromycin or antifungal such as Ketoconazole can increase the levels of this medicine.
- Maintain a minimum gap of 2 hours between the administration of Telekast F and antacid medicines containing aluminium and magnesium.
- Other medicines such as Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Rifampin and Gemfibrozil should be used cautiously. Inform your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice, orange or apple may interfere with the activity of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Telekast F Tablet
- Store at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Telekast F Tablet
The symptoms of an overdose of Telekast F include stomach pain, sleepiness, thirst feeling, headache, vomiting, altered mental state, drowsiness, dry mouth, tiredness and dizziness. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Telekast F Tablet in acute attacks of asthma?
A: Telekast F is not indicated for use in the reversal of bronchospasm in acute asthma attacks including status asthmaticus.
Q: Can I take Telekast F Tablet with grape juice?
A: Do not take this medicine with grapefruit juice. Also, do not take with apple and orange.
Q: Can I take Telekast F Tablet in pregnancy?
A: Yes, it can be used if prescribed by a doctor. Due to inadequate information on its safety in pregnancy, you should avoid self-medication.
Q: Can I stop taking Telekast F Tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should take this medicine for the duration prescribed by your doctor, stopping this medicine in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
Q: What is Telekast F used for?
A: Telekast F is used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis or hay fever such as runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms.
Q: Which is better - Montair LC or Telekast F?
A: Both Montair LC and Telekast F are anti-allergic medicines used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis. There is a difference in their composition. Montair LC contains a combination of Montelukast and Levocetirizine while Telekast F contains a combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine. Your doctor will decide which one to prescribe to you after accessing your disease condition.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:37 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved