Taxim O Juicy Orange And Lemon Flavour Bottle Of 60ml Dry Syrup
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
60ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Taxim O 50 MG/5ML Description
Taxim O Dry Syrup is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its main component. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections such as infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat and a
irways, gallbladder and bile duct. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which ultimately kills the bacteria. Taxim O Dry Syrup should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as this may lead to antibiotic resistance and infection may reoccur.
|Side effects||Vomiting, nausea, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(50.0 Mg/5ml)
Uses of Taxim O 50 MG/5ML
Taxim O Dry Syrup is used for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of ear, nose or sinuses, infection of the urinary system (such as bladder and kidney), chest, lungs, throat, etc....
Contraindications of Taxim O 50 MG/5ML
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Taxim O Dry Syrup.
- If you are allergic to any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin.
Side effects of Taxim O 50 MG/5ML
- Stomach pain
- Severe diarrhoea
- Itching or skin rash
- Watery diarrhoea with fever and weakness
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Taxim O 50 MG/5ML
Can I take Taxim O Dry Syrup during pregnancy?
Since there is limited safety information available during pregnancy, Taxim O Dry Syrup should not be used during pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Taxim O Dry Syrup while breastfeeding?
It is unknown whether the Cefixime passes into the breastmilk. Hence, it is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with Taxim O Dry Syrup. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Taxim O Dry Syrup?
Taxim O Dry Syrup can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits. If you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Taxim O Dry Syrup?
No information is available on interactions of Taxim O Dry Syrup when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effects of this medicine and delay the recovery from infection. Thus, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this antibiotic.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Taxim O Dry Syrup.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Taxim O Dry Syrup.
Mode of Action of Taxim O 50 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Cefixime in Taxim O Dry Syrup works by stopping the growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Taxim O 50 MG/5ML
- Take Taxim O Dry Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle or as suggested by the doctor.
- Shake it well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Reconstituted solutions should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Taxim O 50 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Taxim O Dry Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures, medications used for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin).
Storage and disposal of Taxim O 50 MG/5ML
- Store Taxim O Dry Syrup below 25°C, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture or heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Taxim O 50 MG/5ML
If you have taken too much of Taxim O Dry Syrup, seek medical care immediately, as this medicine may damage your brain.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose. If you have missed taking any dose of Taxim O Dry Syrup, take it as early as you remember.
- If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I was given Taxim O Dry Syrup for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine. Can I discontinue taking this medicine?
A: No, Taxim O Dry Syrup is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system. This can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicines for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: Can I stop taking Taxim O Dry Syrup on my own if I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Taxim O Dry Syrups on your own. Complete the entire course of this medicine to avoid antibiotic resistance.
Q: Can I take Taxim O Dry Syrup for stomach infection?
A: No, Taxim O Dry Syrup may be effective for controlling stomach infection. Moreover, stomach infection could be due to various reasons; thus, you should not take this medicine for any infection without consulting your doctor.
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- DailyMed - Cefixime [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- TAXIM O 200MG TABLET
- TAXIM O FORTE BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- TAXIM 500MG DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- TAXIM 125MG DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- TAXIM VIAL OF 1GM POWDER FOR INJECTION
- TAXIM 250MG DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- TAXIM O 400MG TABLET
- TAXIM 2GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- TAXIM O JUICY ORANGE AND LEMON FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- TAXIM O PED DROPS
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed