Taxim Vial Of 1gm Powder For Injection
Taxim 1000 MG Description
Taxim injection is a cephalosporin antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, airways, skin, and genitals. It contains cefotaxime as the active component. This medicine should be use
d under medical supervision and for the duration that it is prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history. Taxim injection will be given to you by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
Uses of Taxim 1000 MG
Contraindications of Taxim 1000 MG
- If you are allergic to cefotaxime or any other ingredient of Taxim injection.
- If you are allergic to beta-lactam antibiotics like penicillin and cephalosporins. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
Side effects of Taxim 1000 MG
- Pain at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Taxim 1000 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have or had an allergic reaction to cephalosporins or penicillins.
- You experience skin redness or weakness after taking this medicine.
- You develop persistent diarrhoea during treatment with this medicine
- You have a pre-existing medical condition like liver, kidney, or heart disorder.
- You are taking medicines like streptomycin or amikacin along with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Taxim 1000 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Taxim 1000 MG
- Taxim injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse.
- Do not self inject this medicine. Follow any aftercare instruction suggested by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Taxim 1000 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Taxim injection works, or Taxim injection itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Antibiotics for treating bacterial infections (streptomycin) and water pills for treating fluid retention/high blood pressure (furosemide) when taken along with Taxim injection may affect kidney functioning. ...
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for treating gout (probenecid) if you already have an existing kidney disorder.
Storage and disposal of Taxim 1000 MG
- Store Taxim injection below 25°C, away from direct sunlight. Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Taxim 1000 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Taxim injection?
Q: What do you mean by inappropriate use of antibiotics?
Q: What is antibiotic resistance?
Q: Can Taxim injection be used for treating fever?
Q: What is the use of Taxim injection?
Q: Is Taxim injection and cefotaxime the same?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022Apr01]
- CLAFORAN [Internet]. Products.sanofi.ca. 2022 [cited 2022Apr01]
- Cefotaxime 500MG/1g powder for solution for injection or infusion [Internet]. Cefotaxime 500mg/1g Powder for solution for injection or infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). [cited 2022Apr01]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.
Other Products from this Brand
- Taxim O 200 Mg Tablet
- Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim O Juicy Orange And Lemon Flavour Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim 500 Mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Taxim 125 Mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Taxim 250 Mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 60 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim O Ped Drops
- Taxim O Juicy Orange And Lemon Flavour Bottle Of 60 Ml Dry Syrup