Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup contains Cefixime as its active ingredient which is an antibiotic. It belongs to the "Cephalosporin" class of medicine. This medicine is being used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin. It works by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall and kill the various susceptible bacterial organisms. This medicine is designed to be used only by children. It should not be used for children above 18 years of age. You need to dissolve the powder in sterile water given along by following the directions and shake it well. Give this dry syrup as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. The common side effects of Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup is diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or the condition of your child worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup is used to treat various bacterial infections such as throat, ear, tonsils, airways, lungs, urinary tract and skin.
Contraindications of Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
- If your child is allergic to Cefixime or any other ingredient of Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup
- If your child is allergic to any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin
Side effects of Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
- Severe diarrhea
- Watery diarrhea with fever and weakness (Pseudomembranous colitis)
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Vaginal discharge
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
Precautions and Warnings of Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
Can I take Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup during pregnancy?
Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in pregnant women is of no significance.
Can I take Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup while breastfeeding?
Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in breastfeeding women is of no significance.
Can I drive if I have consumed Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup?
Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup is meant to be used in children and thus its impact on driving abilities is of no significance.
Can I consume alcohol with Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup?
Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup is meant to be used in children and thus its interaction with alcohol is of no significance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has kidney disease
- Your child had severe skin adverse reactions after taking antibiotics
- Your child is suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert)
- Your child is suffering from the condition called haemolytic anaemia (breakdown of red blood cells)
- Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup should not be used in children above 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
How Does It Work?
Cefixime in Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup acts by inhibiting the formation and growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
- Take Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution: Add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle and shake well before use.
- The reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle and any unused solution should be discarded properly.
Interactions of Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat fits such as Carbamazepine should be used cautiously with Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup.
- The effect of blood thinner medicine such as warfarin increases when used with this medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are giving to your child currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
- Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Store the reconstituted suspension in the refrigerator.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30ml Dry Syrup
- Symptoms of overdose of Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup include nausea, vomiting, gas, stomach pain and diarrhea; and may damage your child's brain (Encephalopathy).
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to give any dose of Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup then give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
Q: I was given Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
- No, Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.read less
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup?
A: No, Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: How long can I store Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup?
A: The reconstituted suspension of Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup should be stored in refrigerator. Content should be used within 7 days. Later, discard off the remaining portion of medicine.
Q: What should I do if my child vomits after giving Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup?
A: If your child vomits within 30 minutes of administering Taxim O Forte Dry Syrup, you need to give the same dose again.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 24 Mar 2021 | 08:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved