Tasulin 0.4mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Tasulin 0.4 MG Description
Tasulin Mr Tablet is used for the treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate in males, it is also called benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). It helps in relieving the symptoms such as frequent urin
ation, pain while urinating, difficulty in passing urine, etc in BPH. It contains tamsulosin as its active ingredient which belongs to the class of medicines called an alpha-adrenergic blocker. It works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the bladder. Take this medicine as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken after food. Complete the entire course of this medication and do not stop taking it on your own. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical and medications history. Tasulin Mr Tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
|You Save||₹24.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||BPH (Benign prodynamic hyperplasia)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, difficulties in ejaculation|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
Uses of Tasulin 0.4 MG
Contraindications of Tasulin 0.4 MG
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin or any of the other ingredients of Tasulin Mr Tablet.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you suddenly feel dizzy or light-headed when you sit up or stand up due to low blood pressure.
Side effects of Tasulin 0.4 MG
- Dizziness (sitting or standing up from lying position)
- Difficulties in ejaculation
Precautions and Warnings of Tasulin 0.4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are scheduled to have eye surgery for cataracts or glaucoma. As the use of this medicine may increase the risk of eye complications during and after the surgery.
- You have ever fainted or felt dizzy when suddenly sitting or standing up.
- In men, ejaculation disorders and ejaculation failure have been observed with this medicine.
- Tasulin Mr Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Tasulin 0.4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tasulin 0.4 MG
- Tasulin Mr Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken after a meal, it should be preferably taken at the same time every day for best results.
Interactions of Tasulin 0.4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tasulin Mr Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- You may experience low blood pressure effects like dizziness and lightheadedness when Tasulin Mr Tablet is taken together with blood pressure medicines like Verapamil and Diltiazem.
- Anti-fungal medicines like Ketoconazole or certain antibiotics like erythromycin, antacids like cimetidine or anti-HIV medicines may increase the removal of tamsulosin from the body, so should be used with caution....
- Warfarin (used to prevent blood clotting) can speed up the removal of tamsulosin from your body and thus decrease the effectiveness of tamsulosin.
- Other medicines like Furosemide, Paroxetine, Doxazosin, Indoramin and Prazosin should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Tasulin 0.4 MG
- Store Tasulin Mr Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Tasulin 0.4 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will I get or experience any sexual problems during therapy with Tasulin Mr Tablet?
Q: How long should I take Tasulin Mr Tablet?
Q: Can Tasulin Mr Tablet be used in children?
Q: Does Tasulin Mr Tablet cause constipation?
Q: Does Tasulin Mr Tablet affect the prostate size?
Q: Tasulin Mr Tablet
Q: How do you take Tasulin Mr?
Q: Is Tasulin Mr an antibiotic?
Q: What is Tasulin Mr used for?
- Contiflo XL 400 micrograms prolonged release capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Contiflo XL 400 micrograms prolonged release capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]