Sumo Cold Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sumo Cold Tablet helps to improve the symptoms of the common cold and allergic symptoms like sneezing and a runny nose. It contains a combination of medicines like Paracetamol, Caffeine, Phenylephrine
and Diphenhydramine. Paracetamol belongs to the group of NSAID's (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Caffeine is a stimulant, Phenylephrine is a decongestant while Diphenhydramine is an anti-allergic medicine. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the exact prescribed duration. The common side effects of the Sumo Cold tablet are headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding without a doctor's advice. Tell your doctor, about all the medicines, herbs, supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine....
Uses of Sumo Cold Strip Of 10 Tablets
Sumo Cold Tablet is used to relieve the symptoms of a common cold like a blocked nose, fever, chills and breathing difficulty due to sinus inflammation and associated pain. It also helps relieve aller
gic symptoms like runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing....
Contraindications of Sumo Cold Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Diphenhydramine, Phenylephrine, Caffeine or any other ingredients of Sumo Cold tablet
- If you have problems with your heart, liver or kidney
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have glaucoma
- If you have diabetes
- If you have any history of stomach ulcer
- If you have an overactive thyroid
- If you have a condition of pheochromocytoma (tumour of adrenal gland characterized by high blood pressure)
- If you have a condition called porphyria
- If you have taken or are taking medicines used for psychiatric illness (Phenelzine and Amitriptyline) and beta-blockers (used to decreases blood pressure)
Side effects of Sumo Cold Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain or discomfort
- Drowsiness, tiredness
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty sleeping
- Skin rash, itching
- Feeling restless, unsteadiness
- Difficulty concentrating
Precautions and Warnings of Sumo Cold Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Sumo Cold Tablet during pregnancy?
Sumo Cold tablet may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby. Thus, it is not recommended. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and advantage overweighs the risk. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Sumo Cold Tablet while breastfeeding?
Sumo Cold tablet passes into human milk in a small amount. Hence, you should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sumo Cold Tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognize objects properly dizziness and drowsiness while on treatment with Sumo Cold tablet. Therefore, you should avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or any activity that needs alertness or clear vision, if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Sumo Cold Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Sumo Cold tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine. Also, the chances of liver damage may be increased if alcohol is consumed while on treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver or kidney diseases
- You have any heart problems
- You have any problems with your stomach or intestine like ulcers
- You are suffering from blood vessel disease (Raynaud’s Phenomenon)
- You have asthma, bronchitis or COPD
- You have fits or muscle weakness
- You have an enlarged prostate or have difficulty in passing urine
- You are suffering from severe infection as it may increase the risk of metabolic acidosis (breathing problem, vomiting or loss of appetite)
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
- Do not take Sumo Cold tablet if you are taking other medicines containing paracetamol as taking too much of paracetamol can cause liver damage.
- This medicine is not recommended in children below the age of 16 years.
Mode of Action of Sumo Cold Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Certain chemicals (prostaglandins) released in the body are responsible for fever and pain. Paracetamol having analgesic and antipyretic properties block the effect of these chemicals and help to relieve fever and mild painful conditions like body ache....Read more
- In sinus inflammation (sinusitis), blood flow in nose and sinuses increases which produces symptoms like stuffy nose and breathing difficulties Phenylephrine is a decongestant that constricts the blood vessels in the nose and sinuses and thus improves symptoms like stuffy nose and improves breathing....Read more
- Some chemicals substances when released in the body, produce allergic symptoms like runny nose, stuffy nose, coughing, sneezing, red and watery eyes. Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine which blocks the effects of allergic chemicals and provides relief from the symptoms....Read more
- Caffeine is a stimulant which decreases the drowsiness of this medicine and increases the effectiveness of Paracetamol.
Directions for Use of Sumo Cold Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Sumo Cold tablet as a whole, with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food. Do not break, cut or chew the tablet.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Sumo Cold Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sumo Cold tablet should not be concomitantly used along with medicines to treat psychiatric illness (Isocarboxazid, Amitriptyline) or beta-blockers used to treat blood pressure (Atenolol, Propranolol)....Read more
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with Cholestyramine (colestyramine is used to lower cholesterol levels) decreases the effect of this medicine. Hence, Cholestyramine should not be taken within an hour....Read more
- Concomitant use of this medicine with Metoclopramide and Domperidone (used in vomiting), increases the chances of side effects of the medicines.
- If you take this medicine with Warfarin (used to prevent clotting), chances of unusual bleeding increases. Hence, it should be used with caution.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with Digoxin (used in heart problems) or Epinephrine can (used for heart diseases, glaucoma and asthma) increase the risk of irregular heartbeats and heart attack....Read more
- Other medicines like Ergotamine (used in migraine), Lithium (used in psychiatric illness), Atropine, Metoprolol and Venlafaxine should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Since Sumo Cold tablet already contains caffeine. Hence, you should avoid medicines or food that contain caffeine (coffee, tea and soft drinks).
Storage and disposal of Sumo Cold Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store Sumo Cold tablets below 25°C in a cool and dry place. Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date has passed. Do not throw away
any medicines in the sink, toilet or household waste....
Dosage of Sumo Cold Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Excess of Sumo cold tablet may lead to liver damage.
- The symptoms of overdose are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, increased heartbeats, abnormal heart rhythms, difficulty in sleeping, restlessness, excitement, tremors, anxiety, nervousness, tremors, fits, irritability, high blood pressure, decreased heart rates, confusion and hallucinations (seeing and hearing things which are not present)....Read more
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Sumo Cold tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s nearly time for your next dose, skip
the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Sumo Cold tablet be taken continuously?
A: If your symptoms don’t improve even after using Sumo Cold tablet for 7 days, you need to visit your doctor. The long term use of this medicine without any medical advice increases the chances of side effects.
Q: Can I stop taking Sumo Cold medicine on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Sumo Cold tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure and recurrence of infection.
Q: Can I take Sumo Cold Tablet with other anti-allergic medicines?
A: Sumo Cold tablet already contains anti-allergic medicine, Diphenhydramine. If you use it with other anti-allergic medicine, it will increase the side effects of these medicines which can be serious and needs emergency treatment. Therefore, always avoid using other medicines with it or inform your doctor about that.
Q: Can Sumo Cold tablet be used in babies?
A: No, Sumo Cold tablet is not meant for babies and should not be used in children below 16 years of age.
Q: Can we use Sumo Cold tablets in elderly patients?
A: The elderly patients are more prone to side-effects of Sumo Cold tablet. Conditions like glaucoma, prostate problem, liver and kidney diseases are more prevalent in the elderly population which aggravates side-effects of this medicine. So, always consult a doctor before using any medicine in elderly patients.
Q: Is Sumo Cold tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Sumo Cold tablet is not an antibiotic. It contains analgesic (relief pain) and antiallergic medicine. It provides relief from the allergic symptoms of cold and flu mainly.
Q: What is the difference between Sumo Cold tablet and Sinarest tablet?
A: Both Sumo Cold and Sinarest tablet is used to provide relief from allergic symptoms. However, they both vary in their composition. Your doctor will prescribe you the one suitable for you based on your condition.
|You Save||₹6.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Paracetamol/acetaminophen(500.0 Mg),Phenylephrine Hydrochloride(5.0 Mg),Caffeine(30.0 Mg),Diphenhydramine(25.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Last Updated on: 08 Apr 2021 | 03:35 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved