Stugeron Forte 75mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
By JOHNSON & JOHNSON
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Stugeron Forte Tablet is an antihistamine medicine containing Cinnarizine as its active ingredient. It is used for preventing or treating motion or balance disorder symptoms. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food. Side effects like sleepiness, headache, fatigue, skin rash can be experienced while on treatment with Stugeron Forte Tablet. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Stugeron Forte 75mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Stugeron Forte Tablet is used to treat motion sickness, ringing in the ears, vertigo, Meniere's disease, (causing increased pressure in the ears).
Contraindications of Stugeron Forte 75mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Cinnarizine or any other ingredients of Stugeron Forte Tablet.
- If your child is below 5 years old.
Side effects of Stugeron Forte 75mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Muscle stiffness
- Shivers or tremors
- Breathing difficulty
- Facial swelling include the tongue, neck and throat
- Red rashes on the skin with silver scales during sun exposure
Precautions and Warnings of Stugeron Forte 75mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Can I take Stugeron Forte Tablet during pregnancy?
It is not safe to use Stugeron Forte Tablet in pregnancy. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicines during pregnancy.
Can I take Stugeron Forte Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not safe to use Stugeron Forte Tablet while breastfeeding. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Stugeron Forte Tablet?
Stugeron Forte Tablet may make you feel sleepy, thus it is not recommended to drive or use heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Stugeron Forte Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with Stugeron Forte Tablet as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects like sleepiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have Parkinson’s disease, as Stugeron Forte Tablet may make your condition worse.
- You have a rare blood disease - porphyria.
- Stugeron Forte Tablet should not be used in children below 5 years of age.
Mode of Action of Stugeron Forte 75mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Stugeron Forte Tablet works by preventing blood vessel contractions in the ears and thereby preventing vertigo. It also acts on various receptors in the body and smooth muscle cells.
Directions for Use of Stugeron Forte 75mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Stugeron Forte Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably be taken with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Stugeron Forte 75mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Stugeron Forte Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Medicines used in treating mental health illness (like Amoxapine, Doxepin, etc), sedatives that induce sleep or strong pain killers should be used with caution along with Stugeron Forte Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Stugeron Forte 75mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Store Stugeron Forte Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Stugeron Forte 75mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
An overdose of this medicine may result in vomiting, muscle weakness, involuntary movements or shakiness. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Stugeron Forte Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I buy Stugeron Forte Tablet without a doctor's prescription?
A: No, you cannot buy this medicine without a doctor's prescription.
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Stugeron Forte Tablet?
- If you have any allergies.
- Disease conditions or any medicines you are taking.
- Kidney diseases.
- Liver diseases.
- Parkinson's disease (taking Stugeron Forte Tablet can make your condition worse.
- Porphyria, a group of blood diseases.
Q: How long does it take for Stugeron Forte Tablet to show its effect?
A: It takes about 1 hour for the effect to be seen.
Q: In motion sickness, what particular type of food should I avoid before travelling?
A: Avoid taking fatty foods before travelling.
Last Updated on: 08 Apr 2021 | 03:35 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved