By MAPRA LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sprot Tablet Description
Sprot tablet is a combination medicine containing metronidazole and diloxanide used to kill bacteria, protozoa and amoebic infections.
|Contains||Metronidazole(200.0 Mg) + Diloxanide(250.0 Mg)|
|Uses||bacterial infections, intestinal amebiasis|
|Side effects||nausea, vomiting, irritability, headache, dizziness, weakness|
Check more medicines with composition as Metronidazole(200.0 Mg) + Diloxanide(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Sprot Tablet
- Bacterial infections
- Intestinal amoeabiasis
Contraindications of Sprot Tablet
- Allergy to metronidazole or diloxanide or any other excipients
Side effects of Sprot Tablet
- Brain swelling
- Altered sensation
- Loss of sleep
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Urine retention
Precautions and Warnings of Sprot Tablet
Can I take a Sprot tablet during pregnancy?
There is inadequate evidence on the safety of Sprot tablets in pregnancy. Therefore, it should be avoided during pregnancy unless recommended by the physician.
Can I take a Sprot tablet while breastfeeding?
Sprot tablets should be avoided during breastfeeding unless recommended by the physician.
Can I drive if I have consumed a Sprot tablet?
Metronidazole may cause dizziness, drowsiness, and disturbances in vision. Hence Sprot tablet is to be used with caution; if you observe any side effects, avoid driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with a Sprot tablet?
Alcoholic beverages may cause abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting and headaches. Hence it is not recommended to consume alcohol with a Sprot tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have central nervous system diseases
- You have a psychotic disorder
- You have a bleeding disorder
- You have on warfarin therapy
- You have liver disease
- You are on dialysis
- You are allergic to metronidazole or diloxanide, or any other excipients
- You are taking prescription, non-prescription, herbal or nutritional supplements, vitamins or minerals
Mode of Action of Sprot Tablet
How Does It Work?
Metronidazole causes the death of the bacteria while diloxanide clears the E. Histolytica cysts.
Directions for Use of Sprot Tablet
- Sprot tablets should be taken as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not chew, crush or break the tablet in half
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water
- You can take it with or without food
Interactions of Sprot Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Co-administration of metronidazole and disulfiram may cause psychotic reactions
- Metronidazole increases the effect of warfarin and coumarin, increasing prothrombin time
- Concomitant use of lithium and metronidazole increases lithium levels
- Metronidazole increases busulfan levels leading to toxicity
- Cimetidine may decrease plasma clearance of metronidazole
- Phenytoin or phenobarbital may increase the elimination of metronidazole
Other general Interactions
- Metronidazole may cause abnormal white cell count
- Patients with central nervous system disorders should be given metronidazole with caution
- Metronidazole may cause liver dysfunction; hence liver function tests must be monitored
- Metronidazole is removed during 8 hour period of dialysis hence it should be immediately administered after dialysis
- Patients should be warned that metronidazole may darken the urine
Storage and disposal of Sprot Tablet
- Keep it in a cool and dry place below 25°C
- Store the tablets in the original package
- Protect it from direct sunlight and moisture
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children and pets
- Do not flush the expired or unneeded tablets or throw them in household waste; instead, talk to your pharmacist regarding the safe way to discard them
Dosage of Sprot Tablet
In case of overdose, you may experience dizziness, nausea, or lightheadedness. If you experience these symptoms, visit the nearest hospital or contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the next dose is approaching, skip the missing dose. Instead, use your next dose at the same time every day. Do not take two tablets at once....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Sprot tablet cause cancer?
A: There are no long term studies to confirm if Sprot tablet can cause cancer
Q: Can I use Sprot tablet along with herbal medicines?
A: It is best to discuss with your physician about any possible drug interactions between Sprot tablets and herbal medicines before using both together.
Q: Is Sprot tablet habit forming?
A: No habit forming tendencies have been reported with metronidazole and diloxanide.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.