Spasomic Drops Description
Spasomic Oral Drop is a paediatric medicine. It is used to ease stomach and abdominal pain (cramps) and relieve symptoms of bloating and excess gas. Spasomic Oral Drop are a combination of two medici
nes, namely dicycloverine and simethicone. Dicycloverine relaxes the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract and relieves pain. Simethicone helps in releasing the gas and prevents discomfort associated with gas and bloating. This medicine should be used under adults supervision.
|Contains||Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg) + Dimethicone / Polydimethylsiloxane(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Abdominal cramps, gas and pain|
|Side effects||Dry Mouth, thirst, dizziness, fatigue|
- Colimex Drops 10mlBy Wallace Pharmaceuticals10ml Oral Drop in BottleMRP 49.25₹ 41.86₹ 4.19/Ml
- Cyclopam DropsBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10ml Oral Drop in BottleMRP 48.00₹ 42.24₹ 4.22/Ml
Uses of Spasomic Drops
- Stomach and abdominal pain (cramps)
- Bloating, gas and belching
Contraindications of Spasomic Drops
- If your child is allergic to dicycloverine, simethicone or any other ingredients of the Spasomic Oral Drop.
- Spasomic Oral Drop are not to be given to infants under 6 months of age.
Side effects of Spasomic Drops
Precautions and Warnings of Spasomic Drops
Other General Warnings
- Your child has or suspected to have an eye condition, this medicine needs to be given cautiously.
- Your child has an enlarged prostate gland, then this medicine needs to be given cautiously.
- Your child has a hernia in the stomach, this medicine should be given with precautions as this drug may aggravate the condition.
Mode of Action of Spasomic Drops
How Does It Work?
- Dicycloverine relaxes the muscles of the stomach and intestine, prevents the cramps and relieves the pain.
- Simethicone is an antifoaming agent. It changes the surface tension of the gas bubbles in the stomach and intestine; thus the gas bubbles burst and the gas is expelled.
Directions for Use of Spasomic Drops
- Give the Spasomic Oral Drop as advised by your doctor.
- Fill enclosed dropper to the recommended dosage level and dispense liquid slowly into baby's mouth.
- Dosage can also be mixed with a cup of cool water, infant formula or other suitable liquids.
- Clean dropper well after each use and replace the original cap. Shake it well before every use.
Interactions of Spasomic Drops
Interactions with other medicines
Dosage of Spasomic Drops
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Spasomic Oral Drop for children?
Q: How does gas form in the stomach? Why does it cause pain?
Q: Is Spasomic safe for babies?
Q: What is the use of the Spasomic Oral Drop?
Q: How many drops of the Spasomic should be given to an infant?
- Dicycloverine Hydrochloride 10mg/5ml Oral Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Dimethicone 410: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- DailyMed - INFANTS GAS RELIEF- simethicone suspension/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]