Sotret 0.05% Gel 30gm
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
30g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sotret 0.05 % Description
Sotret Gel is a topical medicine. It contains isotretinoin as its active ingredient, which is a derivative of vitamin A. Sotret Gel is used for the treatment of acne. Acne is a common skin condition
that is caused due to clogging of pores on the skin due to excessive oil secretion. It usually occurs due to hormonal imbalance, stress, climate changes, use of oil-based make-up and an improper diet. To get the maximum benefit from this medicine you should follow basic skincare practice, maintain a healthy diet and avoid the use of oil-based cosmetics on the skin. You should also avoid popping out acne as it can leave a permanent scar on the skin.
|You Save||₹35.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Acne and pimples|
|Side effects||Skin flaking, dryness, redness, itching|
Check more medicines with composition as Isotretinoin(0.05 %)
Uses of Sotret 0.05 %
Sotret Gel used in the treatment for acne vulgaris commonly known as acne.
Contraindications of Sotret 0.05 %
- If you are allergic to isotretinoin or any components of the Sotret Gel
- If you have a known history or family history of a certain type of skin cancer.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Sotret 0.05 %
- Skin flaking
- Burning or stinging sensation
- Dry skin and redness
- Skin irritation or itching
Precautions and Warnings of Sotret 0.05 %
Can I use the Sotret Gel during pregnancy?
The use of this medicine is not recommended in pregnant women or women planning pregnancy. An effective contraceptive measure must be used by women of childbearing age while using this medicine.
Can I use the Sotret Gel while breastfeeding?
You should not breastfeed while using this medicine, seek advice from your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used the Sotret Gel?
This medicine may not affect your driving abilities since its meant for topical application.
Can I consume alcohol when I use the Sotret Gel?
This medicine may not interact with alcohol since it is meant for external application on the skin.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have sensitive skin or photoallergy, avoid exposure to sunlight and use sunscreen and wear protective clothing.
- You are allergic to foods, dyes, preservatives or any other medicines.
- You are using other medicines for acne, your doctor may ask you to use them at different times.
- You have broken skin, redness of the skin or tiny pimples, sores around your mouth. This gel needs to be used very carefully.
- Sotret Gel is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Sotret 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by making your skin produce less oil, preventing blockage of pores and inhibiting the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Sotret 0.05 %
- Wash the affected area with mild soap and pat it dry.
- Apply a thin film of this medicine on the affected area.
- Wash your hands after applying the gel.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight immediately after application.
Interactions of Sotret 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Sotret Gel works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines like benzoyl peroxide should be avoided as it may decrease the ability to give the desired effect of this medicine.
- Tell your doctor about all the preparations (allopathic or herbal) that are used externally and you are currently using might help to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Sotret 0.05 %
- Store it in a cool and dry place and temperature should be below 30°C
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sotret 0.05 %
The chances of an overdose are unlikely since it is meant for external application. However, if you ingest it accidentally seek immediate medical help immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of the Sotret Gel, apply it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acne?
A: Acne is a common skin problem that is caused due to clogging of pores on the skin due to excessive oil secretion. This usually affects the people during their puberty and but it can also affect people in their adulthood. Clogging of pores causes dead skin and acne. This also makes an environment suitable for the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
Q: How to use the Sotret Gel?
- Wash the affected area to remove any make-up or cosmetic applied to the skin.
- Pat the skin dry with a clean and soft cloth.
- Put a thin film of medicine on the affected skin using your fingertips.
- Do not apply too much of this medicine or too frequently as it will not help clear acne early.
- ISOTREX® GEL [Internet]. Gp2u.com.au. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021].
- ISOTREX® GEL [Internet]. Apps.medicines.org.au. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021].
- Isotretinoin: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021].
- ISOTRETINOIN ANTI-ACNE GEL FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF P. ACNE INFECTION | INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH [Internet]. Ijpsr.com. 2021 [cited 7 June 2021].
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed