Solvin Cold Tablet
Solvin Cold Tablet Description
Solvin Cold tablet is used for the treatment of common cold and cough associated with fever. It helps in relieving fever, cough, nasal congestion and allergic symptoms of nose, throat and airways. So
vin Cold tablet contains chlorpheniramine, paracetamol and phenylephrine. Paracetamol is an antipyretic and analgesic, chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic and phenylephrine is a decongestant. Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
|You Save||₹8.42 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg) + Phenylephrine(10.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough, cold, fever|
|Side effects||Rapid heartbeat, headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Solvin Cold Tablet
Contraindications of Solvin Cold Tablet
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine or any of the ingredients of Solvin Cold tablet.
- If you have high blood pressure or heart disorder, thyroid problem or difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Solvin Cold Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Solvin Cold Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You may experience skin rashes & allergic symptoms after taking the tablet, discontinue and consult a doctor.
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions.
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol.
- You have a kidney or liver problem.
- You may suffer from diabetes mellitus or hyperthyroidism.
- You may have heart conditions such as high blood pressure or heart failure problems.
- You may have epilepsy and experience frequent fits and tremors.
- You may suffer from an eye condition of increased pressure inside the eyes called closed-angle glaucoma.
Mode of Action of Solvin Cold Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Solvin Cold tablet works by the combined action of its three ingredients- paracetamol, chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine.
- Paracetamol inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for the pain and inflammation and also acts on heat-regulating centres and reduces body heat to control fever.
- Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction.
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Directions for Use of Solvin Cold Tablet
- Solvin Cold tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Solvin Cold Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders such as rasagiline, methyldopa & clomipramine, medicines used to relax the airways such as epinephrine and medicines used to treat heart conditions like veratridine and reserpine should be used cautiously....
- Other medicines containing paracetamol or any topical decongestant containing phenylephrine should not be used along with this medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Solvin Cold Tablet
- Store Solvin Cold tablet below 30⁰C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.