Solvin Cold Tablet
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Solvin Cold tablet is used for the treatment of common cold and cough associated with fever. It helps in relieving fever, cough, nasal congestion and allergic symptoms of nose, throat and airways. Sol
vin Cold tablet contains chlorpheniramine, paracetamol and phenylephrine. Paracetamol is an antipyretic and analgesic, chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic and phenylephrine is a decongestant. Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor....
Uses of Solvin Cold Tablet
Solvin Cold tablet is used to treat cough, cold along with fever.
Contraindications of Solvin Cold Tablet
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine or any of the ingredients of Solvin Cold tablet.
- If you have high blood pressure or heart disorder, thyroid problem or difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Solvin Cold Tablet
There are very rare chances of getting side effects with Solvin Cold tablet. However, you may experience rapid heartbeat, headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness and nausea.
Precautions and Warnings of Solvin Cold Tablet
Can I take Solvin Cold tablet during pregnancy?
Solvin Cold tablet should be taken during pregnancy, only if prescribed by your doctor. Do not self medicate.
Can I take Solvin Cold tablet while breastfeeding?
Solvin Cold tablet should be taken while breastfeeding only under the doctor's recommendation. Refrain from self-medication.
Can I drive after consuming Solvin Cold tablet?
Avoid driving or operating machinery after taking Solvin Cold tablet. Solvin Cold tablet may cause sedation, thus avoid driving or using machines when you are on treatment with the tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Solvin Cold tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol when taking Solvin Cold tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience skin rashes & allergic symptoms after taking the tablet, discontinue and consult a doctor.
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions.
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol.
- You have a kidney or liver problem.
- You may suffer from diabetes mellitus or hyperthyroidism.
- You may have heart conditions such as high blood pressure or heart failure problems.
- You may have epilepsy and experience frequent fits and tremors.
- You may suffer from an eye condition of increased pressure inside the eyes called closed-angle glaucoma.
Mode of Action of Solvin Cold Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Solvin Cold tablet works by the combined action of its three ingredients- paracetamol, chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine.
- Paracetamol inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for the pain and inflammation and also acts on heat-regulating centres and reduces body heat to control fever.
- Chlorpheniramine acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction.
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor, it shrinks or constricts the blood vessels in the nasal passage and improves congestion.
Directions for Use of Solvin Cold Tablet
- Solvin Cold tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Solvin Cold Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat brain disorders such as rasagiline, methyldopa & clomipramine, medicines used to relax the airways such as epinephrine and medicines used to treat heart conditions like veratridine and reserpine should be used cautiously....Read more
- Other medicines containing paracetamol or any topical decongestant containing phenylephrine should not be used along with this medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Solvin Cold Tablet
- Store Solvin Cold tablet below 30⁰C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Solvin Cold Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of Solvin Cold tablet and you are experiencing increased heartbeats, dizziness, nausea or palpitations, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospit
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Solvin Cold tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a
double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Solvin Cold medicine is safe for patients having high blood pressure?
A: Solvin Cold medicine is not recommended for patients having high blood pressure. Consult a doctor immediately.
Q: Does Solvin Cold tablet cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, Solvin Cold tablet may cause drowsiness, avoid driving or doing work that requires concentration and attention.
Q: Can Solvin Cold tablet be used for running nose?
A: Yes, Solvin Cold tablet can be used for temporary relief from runny nose due to seasonal allergies.
|You Save||₹7.66 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.0 Mg),Phenylephrine(10.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough, cold, fever|
|Side effects||Rapid heartbeat, headache, palpitations, dizziness, weakness|
Last Updated on: 30 Jul 2021 | 08:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved