Silodal 8mg Capsule
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Silodal 8 capsule is used for the treatment of problems arising due to the enlargement of the prostate gland, a medical condition known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It contains silodosin as its active medicine. It works by causing muscle relaxation of the prostate gland, part of the urethra inside the prostate, the lower part of the urinary bladder which results in an improvement in the urine flow in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. This medicine helps in easing the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) like difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night or inability to empty the bladder. Take Silodal 8 as advised by your doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should take this medicine daily at the same time to gain optimum benefits. Dizziness, postural hypotension (a drop in blood pressure after a change of posture), headache, loose motions, retrograde ejaculation (backward flow of semen/orgasm with less or no semen) are some of the common side effects of the Silodal 8mg, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Before using the Silodal 8 capsule, talk to your doctor about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹50.04 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Treatment of Benign prostatic hyperplasia|
|Side effects||Retrograde ejaculation, dizziness, postural hypotension, headache|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
Check more medicines with composition as Silodosin(8.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Silodal 8mg Capsule
Uses of Silodal 8 MG
Silodal 8 is used for the treatment of enlargement of the prostate gland, a medical condition known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Contraindications of Silodal 8 MG
- If you are allergic to Silodosin or any other ingredients of the Silodal 8 capsule.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
- If you have severe liver disease.
- If you are taking this medicine with other medicines such as ketoconazole, clarithromycin, itraconazole and ritonavir.
Side effects of Silodal 8 MG
- Retrograde ejaculation (backward flow of semen/orgasm with less or no semen)
- Postural hypotension (a drop in blood pressure after a change of posture)
- Loose motions
- Nasal congestion
- The common cold (upper respiratory tract infection)
Precautions and Warnings of Silodal 8 MG
Can I take Silodal 8 capsule during pregnancy?
Silodal 8 capsule should not be taken by any pregnant women in any case.
Can I take Silodal 8 capsule while breastfeeding?
Use of Silodal 8 capsule is contraindicated for nursing mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed Silodal 8 capsule?
Silodal 8 capsule can cause dizziness or fainting. If you are taking this medicine avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Silodal 8 capsule?
Consuming alcohol while taking Silodal 8 capsule can increase dizziness. Therefore, avoid alcohol consumption while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your blood pressure drops after a change of posture e.g. from sitting to standing or from lying down to sitting or standing while taking Silodal 8 capsule.
- You have kidney disease.
- You are using other medicines from the alpha-blocker group of medicines.
- You are planning to do cataract surgery.
- Carcinoma (a type of cancer) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) have many similar symptoms therefore the tests should be done to identify the presence of carcinoma before starting Silodal 8 capsule....
Mode of Action of Silodal 8 MG
How Does It Work?
It works by causing muscle relaxation of the prostate gland, part of the urethra inside the prostate, the lower part of the urinary bladder which results in an improvement in the urine flow in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia....
Directions for Use of Silodal 8 MG
- Silodal 8 capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Silodal 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Silodal 8 capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for fungal infections, erectile dysfunctions, medicines for heart diseases and antiviral medicines.
Storage and disposal of Silodal 8 MG
- Store Silodal 8 capsules below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Silodal 8 MG
Symptoms of an overdose include a fall in blood pressure. If you have taken too much of Silodal 8 capsule then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Silodal 8 capsule then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Silodal 8 capsule cause erectile dysfunction?
A: Silodal 8 capsule does not cause erectile dysfunction. It can cause retrograde ejaculation, also called dry orgasm where there is a backward flow of semen.
Q: Does Silodal 8 capsule cause high blood pressure?
A: Silodal 8 capsule does not cause high blood pressure. In contrast, it causes a drop in blood pressure during a change of body posture, e.g. from sitting to standing or from lying down to sitting or standing, a medical condition called as orthostatic hypotension or postural hypotension.
Q: What precautions should I take if the doctor tells me that I need to undergo cataract surgery?
A: Taking Silodal 8 can cause a fall of the iris towards the incision site during undergoing cataract surgery, a medical condition known as floppy iris syndrome. Therefore before undergoing cataract surgery you should inform the ophthalmologist that you are taking this medicine.
Q: Does Silodal 8 capsule cause diarrhoea?
A: Silodal 8 capsule can cause diarrhoea as a side effect of using this medicine.
Q: At what time of the day should Silodal be taken?
A: Silodal should be taken with food or as advised by the doctor. It should preferably be taken with food at bedtime so that the body gets used to its side effects such as dizziness.
Q: For how long can we take Silodal 8mg?
A: Silodal is usually prescribed for a long duration. You should take Silodal 8mg capsule for as long as prescribed by the doctor. Do not exceed the recommended duration without consulting a doctor. Also, do not stop the treatment midway, even if you feel improvement in symptoms.
Q: Can Silodal 8 tablet cause hypotension?
A: Yes, Silodal 8 has low blood pressure as one of the side effects, though not everyone experiences it. So it is recommended to avoid or be cautious while driving or operating any machine while on this medicine.
Q: What is the composition of Silodal?
A: The composition of the Silodal 8mg capsule consists of silodosin as its active medicine. It is used for the treatment of problems arising due to the enlargement of the prostate gland, a medical condition known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Q: How does Silodal 8 mg capsule work?
A: Silodal 8mg capsule works by causing muscle relaxation of the prostate gland, part of the urethra inside the prostate, the lower part of the urinary bladder which results in an improvement in the urine flow in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Q: What is Silodal 8 used for?
A: Silodal 8 is used for the treatment of problems arising due to the enlargement of the prostate gland, a medical condition known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- RAPAFLO (silodosin) Capsule for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Sildosin: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- CDSCO - Sildosin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.