Sevlaren 400mg Tablet
Sevlaren 400 MG Description
Sevlaren Tablet is used to regulate the increased levels of phosphates in blood in individuals with severe kidney disease. It is also used in patients who undergo dialysis. It contains sevelamer, whi
ch belongs to a class of medicines known as phosphate binders. It works by binding to the phosphates and reduces the levels of phosphate in the blood. Sevlaren should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
- Sevcar 400mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 324.85₹ 276.12₹
- Renecar Cp 400mg Tablet 30'sBy Rene Lifescience Pvt Ltd30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 600.00₹ 600.00₹
- Acutrol C 400mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 177.00₹ 150.45₹
- Sevelam 400mg Tablets 10'sBy Rencord Life Sciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 230.00₹ 230.00₹
- Renecar 400 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Rene Lifescience Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 245.00₹ 245.00₹
- Sevelabind 400mg Tablets 10'sBy Repens Healthcare India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 230.00₹ 195.50₹
- Sevapik 400mg Tablets 10'sBy Alniche Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 160.00₹ 160.00₹
- Revlamer 400mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.00₹ 83.30₹
Uses of Sevlaren 400 MG
Contraindications of Sevlaren 400 MG
- If you are allergic to sevelamer or any other ingredients of Sevlaren Tablet
- If you have difficulty in passing stools
- If you have low levels of phosphorous
Side effects of Sevlaren 400 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Sevlaren 400 MG
- You should consult your doctor before using Sevlaren Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Other General Warnings
- You have undergone a major stomach or bowel surgery
- You have problems with the bowel movement (digestion problem)
- You have difficulty in swallowing foods or liquids
- You have severe stomach pain or intestine disorders
- You notice blood in your stools (gastrointestinal bleeding)
- You are suffering from a condition when the parathyroid gland becomes overactive and leads to a raise in calcium level (hyperparathyroidism) and when thyroid gland doesn't produce enough thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism)...
- During the treatment you may develop low levels of vitamins A, D, E, K and folic acid in your blood and therefore your doctor may monitor these levels.
Mode of Action of Sevlaren 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sevlaren 400 MG
- Sevlaren Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Sevlaren 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Sevlaren Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Sevlaren Tablet can reduce the effect of the antibiotic ciprofloxacin when used together.
- Medicines used for heart rhythm problems or for epilepsy like amiodarone, quinidine, phenytoin should be given after a gap of at least 1 hour before and 3 hours after the administration of Sevlaren Tablet...
- Medicine used to treat acidity like omeprazole, pantoprazole or lansoprazole may interfere with the efficacy of this tablet on concomitant use
- This medicine can reduce the effect of medicines acting on immune system like ciclosporin, mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus when used simultaneously.
- Close monitoring of the hormone levels is recommended if this medicine is taken along with levothyroxine to treat low thyroid hormone levels.
Storage and disposal of Sevlaren 400 MG
- Store Sevlaren Tablets at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Sevlaren 400 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Sevlaren Tablet?
Q: Does Sevlaren Tablet contain a steroid?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
- Sevelamer carbonate 800 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
- Sevelamer carbonate 800 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]