Sensorcaine 0.25% Injection 20ml
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
20ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sensorcaine 0.25 % Description
Sensorcaine Injection is an anesthetic medicine that is used to numb (anaesthetise) parts of the body and provide pain relief. It contains bupivacaine hydrochloride, as its active ingredient that belongs to the group of medicines called anaesthetics. It can be used to numb parts of the body during surgery in adults and children above 12 years. And relieve pain in adults, infants and children above 1 year of age. Sensorcaine Injection is given in a healthcare setup under the supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The dose and duration of the treatment will be decided by the doctor after a careful assessment of your condition. Tell the doctor about the complete medical history before initiating the treatment....
|You Save||₹8.01 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Side effects||Drop in blood pressure, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Bupivacaine(0.25 %)
Uses of Sensorcaine 0.25 %
- To produce numbness at the site of injection.
- It is injected around a nerve to block the nerve and relieve pain
- It is injected around the spinal cord to prevent or relieve labour pain or ceasarian section or post-operative pain.
Contraindications of Sensorcaine 0.25 %
- If you are allergic to bupicavaine or any other local anaesthetic or any other ingredient of Sensorcaine Injection.
- If you have any kind of skin infection with pus.
- If you have poor blood circulation to the heart, low blood pressure, weak pulse, sweating or confusion.
- If you have any blood clotting-related disorder or you are taking any anti-coagulants.
- If you are suffering from any kind of infection, spinal or brain tumour.
- If you have bleeding inside the head.
- If you have increased pressure within the brain.
Side effects of Sensorcaine 0.25 %
- Low blood pressure
- High blood pressure
- Slow heart beat
- Difficulty in passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of Sensorcaine 0.25 %
Can I take Sensorcaine 0.25% Injection 20ml during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of Sensorcaine Injection in pregnancy. However, it can be recommended during pregnancy only if your doctor considers it essential.
Can I take Sensorcaine 0.25% Injection 20ml while breastfeeding?
It is not known if Sensorcaine Injection pass in breast milk. To avoid any harm to the breastfeeding infant consult the doctor if you are breastfeeding before initiating therapy and he may suggest discontinuing breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Sensorcaine 0.25% Injection 20ml?
This injection will cause numbness to your body. So you should avoid driving or doing any physical activity and wait for the effect to wear off.
Can I consume alcohol with Sensorcaine 0.25% Injection 20ml?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Sensorcaine Injection. So it is important to consult your physician if you if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kind of underlying medical condition such as liver or kidney problem, poor blood circulation to the brain, tumour in the womb or ovary, fluid accumulation around the lungs etc.
- You have any kind of heart condition that affects your heart rate.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You experience shortness of breath due to a tumour in your stomach.
- You are elderly.
- You are pregnant.
- You have a history of high blood pressure or excess fluid in the womb during pregnancy.
- You have excess fat in your body.
- You experience symptoms like sweating, confusion, dizziness due to dehydration or sever blood loss.
Mode of Action of Sensorcaine 0.25 %
How Does It Work?
Sensorcaine Injection works by blocking the transmission of pain signals in the pain area by acting on the nervous system and nerves. This blockage causes the loss of pain sensation and promotes temperature, touch, deep pressure and muscle control....
Directions for Use of Sensorcaine 0.25 %
- Sensorcaine Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Sensorcaine 0.25 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Sensorcaine Injection works or Sensorcaine itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- In particular, if you are taking medications for controlling heart rhythm like amiodarone or any other medicine with local anaesthetic effect, anticoagulant medicine like aspirin, anti-hypertensive medicines like atenolol etc....
Storage and disposal of Sensorcaine 0.25 %
- Do not store Sensorcaine Injection above 25°C.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.
- Discard the solution if not clear.
Dosage of Sensorcaine 0.25 %
Sensorcaine Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus the chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomforts inform the doctor.
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of Sensorcaine Injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed taking a dose of the injection, inform the doctor or nurse immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Sensorcaine Injection?
A: The composition of Sensorcaine Injection consists of bupivacaine that belongs to the group of medicines called 'amide-type anaesthetics'.
Q: How does Sensorcaine Injection work?
A: Sensorcaine Injection works by blocking the transmission of pain signals from the nerves to the brain. This helps to decrease the sensation of pain.
Q: Does Sensorcaine Injection affect blood pressure?
A: Yes, it might affect blood pressure. So it is advised to inform the doctor if you have a medical condition of hypertension or have a history of high or low blood pressure during pregnancy before starting the treatment.
Q: Is Sensorcaine Injection safe for pregnant women?
A: No, it is not recommended for pregnant women unless the doctor strictly considers it essential.
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay