Selzic 150mg Tablet
By ERIS LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Selzic Tablet contains oxcarbazepine as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of epilepsy or seizures, especially partial seizures and their complications. It decreases the electrical activity in the brain and decreases the frequency of seizures. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not stop Selzic without doctor's advice as it may increase the chances of convulsions. Your doctor may advise different blood tests before and during treatment with this medicine. Before using the Selzic Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹11.98 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Epilepsy or seizures|
|Side effects||Headache, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, weakness|
Check more medicines with composition as Oxcarbazepine(150.0 Mg)
Uses of Selzic 150 MG
Selzic Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy or seizures.
Contraindications of Selzic 150 MG
If you are allergic to oxcarbazepine or any other ingredients of Selzic Tablet.
Side effects of Selzic 150 MG
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Selzic 150 MG
Can I take Selzic Tablet during pregnancy?
- You should consult your doctor before using Selzic as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I take Selzic Tablet while breastfeeding?
Selzic Tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as oxcarbazepine passes into breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Selzic Tablet?
Selzic Tablet may cause dizziness, drowsiness, balance or coordination problems, double or blurred vision, especially during starting of the treatment thus it can affect your ability to drive or operate machinery. So, do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you experience such side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Selzic Tablet?
No, alcohol consumption should be avoided while on treatment with Selzic Tablet as it may increase the chances of drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your liver.
- You have any kidney problems, especially associated with low sodium levels in the blood. (Your doctor may start treatment with half the normal starting dose and may slowly increase the dose.)
- You are taking any other medicine which can decrease blood sodium levels like Indomethacin, Ibuprofen.
- You suffer from any heart problems like heart rhythm issues, pumping problems (difficulty in breathing, swelling of ankles).
- You have an allergy to any other medicine used for seizures.
- You are using hormonal contraceptives.
- You have ulcers in the mouth, throat, nose, genitals and conjunctivitis (red and swollen eyes).
- You notice an increase in the frequency of seizures.
- You are suffering from conditions like lactose intolerance.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Selzic.
Mode of Action of Selzic 150 MG
How Does It Work?
- Normally in the brain, the electrical activity is going on in a controlled manner. When there is an imbalance in this electrical activity, it becomes uncontrolled. That produces symptoms like muscle tightening, unusual head movements, blank stares, moving of eyes side to side, numbness, tingling or hallucinations (seeing, smelling or hearing things that are not actually present). ...
- Oxcarbazepine in Selzic helps in controlling electrical activity in the brain and decreases the frequency of seizures.
Directions for Use of Selzic 150 MG
Selzic Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. Even after improvement of symptoms, continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures....
Interactions of Selzic 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Selzic Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Lamotrigine and Valproic acid.
- Hormonal contraceptives, when used with this medicine, decrease the effectiveness of contraceptive medicines; thus, your doctor may advise you to try other forms of contraception.
- Lithium and MAOIs (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors), like Phenelzine and Moclobemide, (these medicines are used to treat mental illness).
- Concomitant use of Selzic Tablet and medicines that can lower sodium levels in the blood like diuretics (used to treat high blood pressure), desmopressin (used for bedwetting) and non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (pain killers) can lower the sodium levels in your blood further which may lead to symptoms of sodium shortage. ...
- Medicines to decrease the body’s immune system (immunosuppressants) such as ciclosporin, tacrolimus (used to prevent organ transplantation) and Rifampicin (an antibiotic used for the treatment of tuberculosis) when used together with this medicine can alter the effect of this medicine....
Storage and disposal of Selzic 150 MG
- Keep Selzic Tablet out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Selzic 150 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include low levels of sodium in the blood, anger, agitation, being confused, drowsiness or sleepiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, fast and irregular heartbeats, shaking, seizures/convulsions, headache, coma, loss of consciousness, uncontrolled twitching or jerking, double or blurred vision, narrowing of the pupil, low blood pressure, shortness of breath, an abnormal degree of muscular or bodily activity, lack of coordination of movements and uncontrolled eye movements. ...
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the symptoms or feel you have taken too much of Selzic Tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose of Selzic Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without a doctor’s advice, as this may increase seizures/convulsions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Selzic Tablet?
A: Selzic Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy of seizures, especially partial seizures and its complications.
Q: Does Selzic cause sleep?
A: Sleepiness or dizziness is one of the side effects that can be seen during the treatment with Selzic. These side effects could affect your ability to drive. So be careful while driving or doing any physical activity that requires mental attention, unless you do not know how this medicine affects you.
Q: Is Selzic a steroid?
A: No, Selzic is not a steroid. It is an anti-epileptic medicine.
- Trileptal 150 mg Film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Trileptal 150 mg Film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Oxcarbazepine - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]