Satrogyl O Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Satrogyl-O Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of diarrhoea caused by mixed organisms. It contains a combination of ofloxacin and satranidazole as its active components. It works by inhibiting the growth of various causative organisms. It should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Avoid drinking alcohol as it can cause excessive dizziness with the Satrogyl-O tablet. Take it according to the prescribed dose and duration. Never miss or skip a dose. Inform your doctor about your medical history and ongoing medications. You may experience dry mouth, headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, weakness and stomach pain as a side effect of this medicine. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor.
Uses of Satrogyl O Tablet
Satrogyl-O tablet is used to treat diarrhoea of mixed infection in adults.
Contraindications of Satrogyl O Tablet
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin, ornidazole or any other component of Satrogyl-O tablet.
- If you have or had any blood disorders.
- If you have or had fits, tendon disorder or any other central nervous system disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
Side effects of Satrogyl O Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Sleep disorder
- Eye irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Satrogyl O Tablet
Can I take Satrogyl-O tablet during pregnancy?
Satrogyl-O tablet should not be consumed during pregnancy, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby or lead to a threatened pregnancy. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Satrogyl-O tablet while breastfeeding?
Satrogyl-O tablet passes into the breastmilk, which may be harmful to the newborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Satrogyl-O tablet?
You may experience symptoms such as sleepiness, dizziness, tremor, visual disturbance and loss of consciousness after consuming Satrogyl-O tablet. If you experience such symptoms, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Satrogyl-O tablet?
Alcohol should not be consumed with Satrogyl-O tablet, as it may lead to excessive sleepiness and other serious side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or have a balloon-like bulge in the artery of the heart.
- You are on ceratin medications like anti-diabetic medicines, blood-thinning medications like warfarin etc
- You experience tendon rupture, inflammation of tendon, weakness or inability to use one of their joints or any central nervous system effects such as anxiety, low mood, insomnia, severe headaches and confusion.Read less
- You experience peripheral neuropathy, including pain, burning, tingling, numbness, weakness or altered sensations.
- You have pre-existing medical conditions like muscle weakness, liver, kidney or heart disease, fits, nerve realted siorder including pain, burning, tingling, numbness, weakness or altered sensations etc.Read less
- You experience any other unwanted symptoms like vision disturbance.
- Avoid exposure of direct or indirect sunlight when on Satrogyl-O tablet. Always use sunscreen.
- Satrogyl-O tablet should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Satrogyl O Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Ofloxacin works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria, stopping the growth.
- Satranidazole works by stopping the growth of the bacteria or parasites causing the infection.
Directions for Use of Satrogyl O Tablet
- Satrogyl-O tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Satrogyl O Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Satrogyl-O tablet if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.Read less
- In particular if you are taking medicines for arthritis, breathing related problem like theophylline, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, painkillers, medicines for reducing stomach acid, anticoagulants like warfarin and certain supplements containing iron, calcium etc.Read less
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are mood elevator medicines, medicines for heart disorders etc.
- Satrogyl-O tablet may alter the blood sugar-lowering effect of antidiabetic medicines like insulin, if taken along.
Storage and disposal of Satrogyl O Tablet
- Store below 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Satrogyl O Tablet
Excess of Satrogyl-O tablet may cause confusion, headache, dizziness, dry mouth, weakness, impairment of consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeats, nausea and stomach ulcers. If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Satrogyl-O tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take while taking Satrogyl-O tablet?
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid direct or indirect exposure of sunlight or ultraviolet light during the therapy with Satrogyl-O tablet and apply sunscreen.
- Avoid any other vitamin or mineral supplements or medicines while on this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver, kidney or heart disease.
- Reach out to the doctor soon if you experience fits, irregular heartbeats or any other symptoms.
Q: Can I stop taking Satrogyl-O tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Satrogyl-O tablet before the prescribed duration. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. You should complete the full course of treatment, else there are chances of recurrence of infection.
Q: Can I take a higher than the recommended dose of Satrogyl-O tablet?
A: It is recommended not to self-medicate yourself. Consuming a higher than recommended dose increases the chance of side effects and may be harmful as well. Consult your doctor before taking any medicine.
Q: Is Satrogyl-O tablet safe and effective?
A: Satrogyl-O tablet is safe and effective if you take it at dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. If you stop taking this tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of recurrence of the infection increases.
Q: Is Satrogyl-O tablet safe to use in elderly people?
A: No, it should not be given without consulting your doctor. Elderly people are more prone to suffer from a certain medical condition. Satrogyl-O tablet needs to be administered cautiously in them. Hence, consulting your doctor is necessary before you start this medicine.
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
- Satranidazole Pharmacology & Usage Details | Medicine India [Internet]. Medicineindia.org. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 May 2021 | 03:02 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved