Saaz Ds 1gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Saaz Ds 1 G Description
Saaz DS 1 gm tablet is used to treat inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and is also used in treating rheumatoid arthritis. It contains sulfasalazine as its active in
gredient. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should have plenty of fluids while on treatment with this medicine. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without first consulting your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Saaz DS 1 gm tablet.
|You Save||₹23.93 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Inflammatory bowel diseases|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, indigestion, diarrhoea|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE|
Uses of Saaz Ds 1 G
- Saaz DS 1 gm tablet is used for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s Disease (a medical condition that causes inflammation and ulcers in your digestive tract).
- It is also used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (a condition that causes pain and swelling in the joints).
Contraindications of Saaz Ds 1 G
- If you are allergic to Sulfasalazine or any other ingredients of Saaz DS 1 gm tablet.
- If you are allergic to other salicylates like aspirin or a type of antibiotic called sulfonamides like sulfamethizole, sulfadiazine, etc.
- If you are suffering from a rare condition called porphyria.
- Do not use this medicine in children less than 2 years old.
Side effects of Saaz Ds 1 G
- Stomach pain
- Itchy skin
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Saaz Ds 1 G
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting Saaz DS 1 gm tablet.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You had or have asthma.
- Your doctor may frequently ask you to get your blood and other tests like liver function test or urine test done to check your condition before and during treatment with this medicine.
- Saaz DS 1 gm tablet is not recommended for use in children suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Directions for Use of Saaz Ds 1 G
Storage and disposal of Saaz Ds 1 G
Dosage of Saaz Ds 1 G
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Saaz Ds 1 G
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Saaz Ds 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Saaz DS 1 gm tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Saaz DS 1 gm tablet along with certain anti-diabetic medications like glipizide, metformin, pioglitazone may cause low blood sugar levels. Thus, it should be cautiously used.
- Concomitant use along with methotrexate (used to treat rheumatoid arthritis) may increase the risk of side effects like nausea.
- Other medicines like digoxin (used to treat heart failure), azathioprine, mercaptopurine (used in organ transplant) should be used with caution along with Saaz DS 1 gm tablet.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should one take Saaz DS 1 gm tablet?
Q: Is Saaz DS tablet a painkiller?
Q: Is tab Saaz DS 1 gm effective?
Q: Is Saaz Ds a steroid?
Q: Can I stop Saaz DS 1000?
Q: Can I just stop taking Saaz 1gm?
Q: What are the side effects of Saaz Ds?
- Salazopyrin En-Tabs - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Salazopyrin En-Tabs - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Sulfasalazine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Sulfasalazine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Sulfasalazine [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Sulfasalazine - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 14 April 2022]