Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Saaz 500 MG Description
Saaz 500mg tablet contains sulfasalazine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Saaz 500 is also used in treating rheum
atoid arthritis. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should have plenty of fluids while on treatment with this medicine. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without first consulting your doctor. Before starting the treatment with Saaz 500, inform your doctor about your existing conditions, medicine and supplements.
|You Save||₹10.22 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Inflammatory bowel diseases, Crohn’s Disease, rheumatoid arthritis|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, fever, vomiting, stomach pain, heartburn, cough, itchy skin, joint pain|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE|
Uses of Saaz 500 MG
- Saaz 500mg tablet is used for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s Disease (a medical condition that causes inflammation and ulcers in your digestive tract).
- It is also used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (a condition that causes pain and swelling in the joints).
Contraindications of Saaz 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Sulfasalazine or any other ingredients of Saaz 500mg tablet.
- If you are allergic to other salicylates like aspirin or a type of antibiotic called sulfonamides like sulfamethizole, sulfadiazine, etc.
- If you are suffering from a rare condition called porphyria.
- Do not use this medicine in children less than 2 years old.
Side effects of Saaz 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Itchy skin
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Saaz 500 MG
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting Saaz 500mg tablet.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You had or have asthma.
- Your doctor may frequently ask you to get your blood and other tests like liver function tests or urine tests to check your condition before and during treatment with this medicine.
- Saaz 500mg tablet is not recommended for use in children suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Mode of Action of Saaz 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Saaz 500 MG
Interactions of Saaz 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Saaz 500mg tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss it with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Saaz 500mg tablet along with certain anti-diabetic medications like glipizide, metformin, pioglitazone may cause low blood sugar levels, thus should be cautiously used.
- Concomitant use along with methotrexate (used to treat rheumatoid arthritis) may increase the risk of side effects like nausea.
- Other medicines like digoxin (used to treat heart failure), azathioprine, mercaptopurine (used in organ transplant) should be used with caution along with Saaz 500mg tablet.
Storage and disposal of Saaz 500 MG
- Store Saaz 500mg tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.