Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Saaz 500mg Tablet contains Sulfasalazine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and is also used in treating rheumatoid arth
ritis. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should have plenty of fluids while on treatment with this medicine. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without first consulting your doctor....
Uses of Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Saaz 500mg Tablet is used for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s Disease (a medical condition that causes inflammation and ulcers in your digestive tract).
- It is also used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (a condition that causes pain and swelling in the joints).
Contraindications of Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Sulfasalazine or any other ingredients of Saaz 500mg Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other salicylates like aspirin or a type of antibiotic called sulfonamides like sulfamethizole, sulfadiazine, etc.
- If you are suffering from a rare condition called porphyria.
- Do not use this medicine in children less than 2 years old.
Side effects of Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Itchy skin
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Saaz 500mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting Saaz 500mg Tablet.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Saaz 500mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
You should avoid breastfeeding while taking Saaz 500mg Tablet, as Sulfasalazine passes into breast milk in small amount and there have been reports of diarrhoea or blood in the stools of breastfed babies.
Can I drive if I have consumed Saaz 500mg Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Saaz 500mg Tablet on driving, but since this medicine may cause dizziness, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Saaz 500mg Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Saaz 500mg Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You had or have asthma.
- Your doctor may frequently ask you to get your blood and other tests like liver function test or urine test to check your condition before and during treatment with this medicine.
- Saaz 500mg Tablet is not recommended for use in children suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Mode of Action of Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Sulfasalazine in Saaz 500mg Tablet works by preventing or blocking the body from producing certain substances that may cause inflammation.
Directions for Use of Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Saaz 500mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Drink plenty of water while taking this medicine. It would be best if
you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Saaz 500mg Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Concomitant use of Saaz 500mg Tablet along with certain anti-diabetic medications like glipizide, metformin, pioglitazone may cause low blood sugar levels, thus should be cautiously used.
- Concomitant use along with methotrexate (used to treat rheumatoid arthritis) may increase the risk of side effects like nausea.
- Other medicines like digoxin (used to treat heart failure), azathioprine, mercaptopurine (used in organ transplant) should be used with caution along with Saaz 500mg Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store Saaz 500mg Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused med
icine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Saaz 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Seek urgent medical help if you feel that you have taken too much of Saaz 500mg Tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Saaz 500mg Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for
the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Saaz 500mg Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Saaz 500mg Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Does Saaz 500mg Tablet cause addiction?
A: No, Saaz 500mg Tablet is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Saaz 500mg Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, you should not stop taking Saaz 500mg Tablet until advised by your doctor, even if you are feeling good. Please reach out to your doctor if you have any issues while taking this medicine.
Q: Is Saaz 500mg Tablet effective?
A: Yes, Saaz 500mg Tablet is effective if taken at dose and duration advised by your doctor. Follow all the instructions carefully & do not miss any dose.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 24 Jun 2021 | 11:16 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved