Rozuone 20mg Tablet
By DR REDDY'S LAB (WOCKHARDT)
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rozuone Tablet is a cholesterol-lowering medicine. It contains rosuvastatin as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high cholesterol or to correct abnormal cholesterol along with dietary and lifestyle modifications. It is also used to slow down the progression of atherosclerosis (narrowing of blood vessels due to fat build-up) and reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. This medicine works by interfering with the formation of cholesterol or fat in your body. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after accessing your complete medical history. Individuals with high cholesterol often end up developing other health-related complications, to avoid that you must take this medicine on time and follow certain lifestyle and dietary modifications as suggested by your doctor....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rozuone 20mg Tablet
Uses of Rozuone 20 MG
- It is used in the treatment of high cholesterol levels and to correct abnormal cholesterol.
- To slow down the progression of atherosclerosis, a condition of narrowing of blood vessels due to fat build-up.
- It is also known to reduce the risk of heart-related conditions such as stroke and heart attack.
Contraindications of Rozuone 20 MG
- If you are allergic to rosuvastatin or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have any liver-related conditions.
- If you are pregnant, may be pregnant or are breastfeeding
Side effects of Rozuone 20 MG
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Feeling weak
Precautions and Warnings of Rozuone 20 MG
Can I take the Rozuone Tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine is not established in pregnancy. Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning pregnancy. Women of childbearing age should use effective contraceptive methods while using this medicine. If pregnancy is detected while on treatment with this medicine seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take the Rozuone Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited data available on the safety of this medicine in lactating women and it is not known if the component of this medicine passes in the breastmilk. Breastfeeding is not recommended while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Rozuone Tablet?
This medicine does not influence your ability to drive. However, as this medicine is known to cause dizziness caution is advised while driving if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with the Rozuone Tablet?
Caution is advised if you consume alcohol in excess and/or have existing liver disease or a history of liver disease.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, muscle-related problems.
- You have a history of stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You have repeated muscle pains or a history of muscle-related problems.
- You have recently or in the last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You consume alcohol frequently or in excess.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
Mode of Action of Rozuone 20 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by interfering with the process of cholesterol synthesis. Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowers cholesterol levels. It also increases good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels....
Directions for Use of Rozuone 20 MG
Rozuone Tablet is to be taken orally with or without food, or as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rozuone 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Rozuone works or Rozuone itself can alter the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- In particular, if you are taking a blood thinner, medicines used to suppress immune function, any hormone replacement therapy, oral contraceptives, other medicines used to lower blood cholesterol and antiviral medicines used for the treatment of HIV and Hepatitis. ...
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Rozuone 20 MG
- Store it below 30°C in the original package to protect from sunlight and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Rozuone 20 MG
In an event of an overdose, seek immediate medical advice or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Don't take a double dose of drugs to catch up for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Rozuone Tablet contain?
A: Rozuone Tablet contains rosuvastatin as an active ingredient. It is a cholesterol lowering medicine from class statins.
Q: What is Rozuone Tablet used for?
A: It is used for lowering elevated cholesterol levels and for correcting abnormal blood cholesterol levels. It is also used to reduce the risk of heart-related complications associated with increased cholesterol such as stroke and heart attack.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.