Rozavel F 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Rozavel F 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Rozavel F tablet is a combination medicine that is used essentially to reduce the increased levels of fats in the body such as cholesterol and triglycerides. Rosuvastatin and fenofibrate are the acti
ve components of this medicine.The act together and help in elimination of bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides. They help to increase the concentration of good cholesterol (HDL).This reduces the risk of built-up of plaque in the blood vessels eventually reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke. This medicine is not recommended in patients with severe kidney or liver disease. It should also not be used in children and used carefully in elderly. It may cause muscle breakdown and rhabdomyolysis in some patients, a condition which can be fatal which may have symptoms such as severe tiredness and weakness, particularly in elderly with muscle disorders.
|₹38.08 (14% on MRP)
|Rosuvastatin(10.0 Mg) + Fenofibrate(160.0 Mg)
|High cholesterol and prevent heart conditions
|Stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea, dizziness, flatulence
Uses of Rozavel F 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Rozavel F 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Rosuvastatin and/or fenofibrate
- If you are suffering from severe Liver disease, increased liver enzymes
- If you are suffering from severe kidney disease
- If you have repeated or unexplained muscle aches or pains
- If you take a drug called ciclosporin (used, for example, after organ transplants)
- If you have gall bladder disease
- If you have inflammation of the pancreas
Side effects of Rozavel F 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Tiredness and Weakness
- Burning sensation in the stomach
- Changes in Liver enzyme levels
- Increased levels of proteins in urine
Precautions and Warnings of Rozavel F 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to be pregnant
- You are allergic to rosuvastatin and/or fenofibrate
- You are suffering from kidney disorder
- You are suffering from liver disorder
- You are suffering from diabetes mellitus, as this medicine may increase the blood sugar levels
- You are suffering from or have ever suffered from gall bladder stones (cholelithiasis) or any gall bladder disease(as this medicine increases the risk of formation of gall bladder stones)
- You have ever had or are experiencing unexplained muscle aches or pains and/or have family history of muscle disorder, as this medicine may cause
- You have thyroid disorder
- You are on medicines used to supress the immune system (ciclosporins)
- You are on medicines used to lower cholesterol (statins or other medicine of class statins)
- You are taking medicine fusidic acid (to treat bacterial infections)
- You are taking blood thinners, as this medicine may increase the risk of bleeding
- You take medicines used to treat the HIV infection e.g. ritonavir with lopinavir and/or atazanavir
- You have severe respiratory disease
- You are addicted to alcohol
- You are above 70 years of age
- It is recommended that you have your liver functioning tests and kidney functioning test done at regular intervals
Mode of Action of Rozavel F 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- This medicine contains rosuvastatin and fenofibrate. Rosuvastatin works mainly in the liver by inhibiting the action of an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase which is vital in the process of production of cholesterol. It also facilitates the uptake of "bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol)"....
- Fenofibrates belongs to the class of medicine known as fibrates, works by decreasing the bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) and triglycerides by enhancing the natural lipid breakdown process (lipolysis) and increasing the concentration of good cholesterol (HDL cholesterol)...
Directions for Use of Rozavel F 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take the tablet as directed by your doctor
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water
Interactions of Rozavel F 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Using Rozavel F tablet increases the risk of bleeding when used along with blood thinners like warfarin
- Concomitant use of Rozavel F tablet along with medicines that reduce the activity of immune system(ciclosporin) may lead to kidney damage
- When Rozavel F tablet is taken along with medicines used to lower cholesterol (statins, gemfibrozil, fenofibrate etc) there is an increased chance of development of muscle disorder
- Oestrogen containing oral contraceptives may interfere with the working fenofibrate, the active ingredient in Rozavel f 10 mg, hence use of oral contraceptives should be done with caution along with Rozavel f 10 mg...
- Concomittant use of medicines used to treat bacterial infections(fusidic acid) should be avoided as there is a increased risk of development of muscle disorders.
- When medicines used to neutralise stomach acid (antacids) are taken along with Rozavel F tabletthey tend to decrease the concentration of rosuvastatin (active ingredient in Rozavel f 10 mg) in the blood which may affect the efficacy of the medicine...
- Antiviral medicines like ritonavir are said to delay the elimination of rosuvastatin from the system, increasing its exposure to the system, concomitant use should be done carefully
Dosage of Rozavel F 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Rozavel F tablet cause weight gain?
Q: Will Rozavel F tablet make me feel sleepy?
Q: Is Rozavel F tablet a blood thinner?
Q: I am a diabetic, can I take Rozavel F tablet?
Q: Does Rozavel F tablet increase the risk of gall stones?
Q: What is the composition of Rozavel F?
Q: How to take Rozavel F?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 September 2022]
- Rosuvastatin- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 September 2022]
- Fenofibrate- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 September 2022]
- Rosuvastatin- NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 21 September 2022]
- Fenofibrate- NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 21 September 2022]