Rixmin 400mg Tablet
Rixmin 400 MG Description
Rixmin Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of infectious diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) with diarrhoea in adults. It contains rifaximin as its active ingredie
t. It works by killing the growth of bacteria that cause infectious diarrhoea. Rixmin Tablet should be used under medical prescription. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Rixmin 400 MG
Contraindications of Rixmin 400 MG
- If you are allergic to rifaximin or any other ingredients of the Rixmin Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any liver disease.
- If you have diarrhoea with blood or fever.
- If you have diarrhoea that is caused due to other factors but not bacteria, for example, viral diarrhoea.
- If you have symptoms of blockage in the bowel, abdominal pain or constipation.
- If you experience allergic reactions after using medicines like rifabutin, rifapentine or rifampicin.
Side effects of Rixmin 400 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rixmin 400 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience symptoms like dizziness (or light-headedness), dry mouth, decreased urination and increased thirst.
- You experience severe diarrhoea while or after using Rixmin Tablet, discontinue taking the medicine immediately and contact your doctor.
- Consume enough fluids and keep yourself hydrated as diarrhoea can cause dehydration.
Mode of Action of Rixmin 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rixmin 400 MG
- Rixmin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rixmin 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Rixmin Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like erythromycin, warfarin, azithromycin, cyclosporine, diltiazem and anti-fungal medications might interact with this Tablet when taken simultaneously.
- Rixmin Tablet might also interact with cholera and BCG vaccines.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Rixmin 400 MG
- Store Rixmin Tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Rixmin 400 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Rixmin Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What should I do if I missed a dose of Rixmin Tablet?
Q: What do I need to inform my doctor about the diarrhoea?
Q: For how long can I take Rixmin?
Q: Is there any side effect of Rixmin Tablet?
Q: Is Rixmin a probiotic?
- DailyMed - XIFAXAN- rifaximin tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Rifaximin (Oral Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- TARGAXAN Tablet- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Rifaximin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]