Risdone 2mg Tablet
Risdone 2 MG Description
Risdone Tablet is a prescription medicine mainly used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (abnormally excited or irritated mood). Schizophrenic patients experience hallucinations, delusions,
and extremely disordered thinking and behaviour, impairing daily functioning and disabling. Risdone Tablet can also be used to treat aggressive or agitated behaviour in adults with Alzheimer's disease. Risdone Tablet is composed of Risperidone, which belongs to the atypical antipsychotic class of medicine. It functions by affecting the levels of certain chemical messengers known as dopamine and serotonin, which improve mood, thoughts and behaviour. Risdone Tablet should be used only on advice by a doctor. Tell your doctor about the history of past illness and your medications. You should not stop consuming this medicine suddenly, as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms.
Uses of Risdone 2 MG
- Mania in Bipolar disorder
Contraindications of Risdone 2 MG
- If you have had an allergic reaction to Risperidone or any other medicine.
- If you have low blood pressure (hypotension).
- If you’ve a history of stroke or are at high risk of having a stroke.
- If you have Parkinson's disease or dementia.
- If you have diabetes or epilepsy.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have heart disease.
- If you have kidney, prostate or liver problems.
- If you have respiratory issues.
Side effects of Risdone 2 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Tremors (uncontrolled rhythmic movement in one part of the body)
- Dystonia ( twisting & repetitive movements)
- Akathisia (restlessness & urge to move)
Precautions and Warnings of Risdone 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience severe changes in mood or behaviour.
- Your side effects worsen.
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You have trouble breathing or talking,
- You experience any other severe side effects.
- You have any previous mild liver or kidney condition; this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You are using any herbal supplements or medicine; they can interfere with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Risdone 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Risdone 2 MG
- Take the Risdone Tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- You can take this medicine with or without food or as prescribed.
- Take a Risdone tablet with a glass full of water. Don’t break the tablet or chew it.
- Do not take this tablet with other medications without consulting your doctor.
- Don’t suddenly stop taking this medication, as it may lead to withdrawal side effects.
- Do not consume if the package has been opened.
- Don’t exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
Interactions of Risdone 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Talk to your doctor and pharmacist about what prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, and nutritional supplements, you’re taking or plan to take as there is a chance of Drug Interaction. Many drugs can interact with Risdone Tablet, making it less effective or increasing side effects. This includes Anxiety drugs, such as alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam, chlordiazepoxide, and lorazepam. You may experience sedation, drowsiness....
- Blood pressure-lowering medicine, such as amlodipine, lisinopril, losartan, or metoprolol. You may have low blood pressure.
- Pain killer drugs, such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, and codeine. You may have more sedation and drowsiness.
- Anti-Parkinson medicines for such as levodopa.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue with the regular diet as food doesn’t influence the effect of the Risdone Tablet. Tell your doctor about any herbal supplements or drinks you are currently taking before using this medicine....
Storage and disposal of Risdone 2 MG
Dosage of Risdone 2 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time does Risdone Tablet take to show its desired effect?
Q: Can Risdone Tablet cause weight gain?
Q: Can I discontinue Risdone Tablet on my own after I feel improvement in my symptoms?
- Risperidone – an antipyschotic medicine used to help symptoms of mental health conditions [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 9 February 2022]. Available from
- Drugs H. Risperidone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 9 February 2022]. Available from:
- Risperidone 2mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 February 2022]. Available from:
- Stewart M. Risperidone - Risperdal. Schizophrenia drug side effect. [Internet]. Patient.info. 2022 [cited 9 February 2022]. Available from