Rimcure 3fdc Tablets
Rimcure 3fdc Tablets Description
Rimcure 3 FDC is a prescription medication. It is a tablet that is used in the treatment of tuberculosis. It is a fixed-dose combination of three medications, namely Rifampicin, Isoniazid, and Pyrazi
namide. Tuberculosis is a common, prevalent infectious disease in India. It is a bacterial infection. It mainly impacts the lungs but can also affect other organs. In lung TB, patients present with cough with sputum production lasting for more than two weeks, evening fevers, night sweats, and weight loss. TB is a chronic, severely debilitating infection that requires sustained treatment. The first-line therapy of TB involves the medications Rifampicin, Isoniazid, Pyrazinamide and Ethambutol in appropriate doses. Rimcure 3 FDC combines 3 of these medicines in a fixed-dose in one tablet. Rimcure 3 FDC should be taken as recommended by your treating physician. It is very important to complete the entire course of the medication to ensure complete treatment and prevent resistance to the medications. It is important to review routinely with your doctor while on this medication to monitor disease progression, tolerance of the medications, complications, etc.
|You Save||₹2.72 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ethambutol + Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide|
|Uses||Treatment of Tuberculosis|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, itching, headache, drowsiness, giddiness, fatigue, discolouration of urine/ secretions, liver dysfunction, kidney dysfunction, visual changes, peripheral nerve disorders|
Uses of Rimcure 3fdc Tablets
- Treatment of Tuberculosis
Contraindications of Rimcure 3fdc Tablets
Side effects of Rimcure 3fdc Tablets
- Itching, Skin rashes
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, Vomiting
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rimcure 3fdc Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are on any other medications.
- Your symptoms worsen.
Mode of Action of Rimcure 3fdc Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rimcure 3fdc Tablets
- Rimcure 3 FDC should be taken as prescribed by the treating medical professional.
- It is recommended to take this medication at the same time each day.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Don’t crush, chew or break this tablet.
- This medication should be taken along with other anti-tubercular medications, as recommended by your doctor.
- The entire course of this medication as prescribed by your treating doctor should be finished. Abrupt stoppage of the drug can cause the recurrence of symptoms of the disease. Consult your doctor before stopping this medication....
Interactions of Rimcure 3fdc Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Rifampicin is a potent inducer of a particular enzyme system involved in metabolising many medications. Concurrent use will hence decrease the efficacy of the other medicines.
- Antacids reduce the amount of rifampicin and isoniazid absorbed from the gut to the bloodstream. To avoid this, Rimcure 3 FDC should be taken at least 1 hour before medications that lower stomach acid levels. ...
- Corticosteroids can reduce the blood levels of isoniazid as the medication gets metabolised faster.
- Rifampicin may result in altered levels of morphine in patients who need chronic pain medication. The dose must be adjusted accordingly.
- Rifampicin and pyrazinamide may reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives. Patients treated with Rimcure 3 FDC should use an alternate method of contraception.
- This medication decreases the effect of medicines used to treat gout, such as probenecid and sulfinpyrazone, which are uricosuric agents (increase the excretion of uric acid from the body).
Interactions with food items
- This medication is recommended to be taken 30 mins before food or 2 hours after food.
- Food items rich in tyramine, and histamines, such as certain types of meats and cheese, wine, beer and fish (e.g. salmon), should be avoided.
- This is because Isoniazid can decrease the metabolism of tyramine and histamine, resulting in side effects like headache, sweating, flushing, heart palpitations, and fall in blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Rimcure 3fdc Tablets
Dosage of Rimcure 3fdc Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My urine is reddish-yellow in colour. Should I stop taking Rimcure 3 FDC?
Q: I have a pre-existing liver condition. Can I take this medication?
Q: Can Rimcure 3 FDC be used to treat children with tuberculosis?
- Padda IS, Muralidhara Reddy K. Antitubercular Medications. [Updated 2021 Nov 25]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from:
- Zhang, Y., Shi, W., Zhang, W., & Mitchison, D. (2013). Mechanisms of Pyrazinamide Action and Resistance. Microbiology spectrum, 2(4), 1–12.
- O'Connor C, Brady MF. Isoniazid. [Updated 2022 Jan 6]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from
- Beloor Suresh A, Rosani A, Wadhwa R. Rifampin. [Updated 2022 Jan 11]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: