Rexiderm Plus Cream
By DERMAREX HEALTHCARE INDIA PVT LTD
10g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rexiderm plus cream is a combination medicine most commonly used to manage skin infections. Rexiderm plus cream comes under the group of medications called topical steroids with antibacterial and antifungal agents. Rexiderm plus cream is composed of 2% w/w Fusidic acid, 1% w/w clotrimazole and 0.05% w/w clobetasol. Clobetasol is a very potent topical steroid indicated for the management of psoriasis and other skin infections that do not respond to less potent corticosteroids. Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent and is most commonly used for the management of ringworm infections and other infections caused by fungi. Fusidic acid is an antibacterial agent and is most commonly used for the management of staphylococcus infections like impetigo, superficial folliculitis and erythrasma. Rexiderm plus cream is to be applied exactly as suggested by the physician. Avoid contact with your eyes, nose and mouth. The physician should be consulted immediately if the patient experiences any side effects, the condition worsens or allergic side effects. The medicine should be continued for as long as your doctor recommends. It is essential to follow the complete course of management. Also, the doctor should be informed about the patient’s medical history and if they are taking any new medicines to avoid any medication interactions....
|You Save||₹28.80 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Fusidic Acid(2.0 %),Clotrimazole(1.0 %),Clobetasol(0.05 %)|
|Uses||Treatment of Skin Infections like Fungal Infections, Infective Eczema, Psoriasis, Oropharyngeal Candidiasis and Dermatitis.|
|Side effects||Local Burning at the Site of Application, Discomfort, Skin Pain, Irritation, Itching , Allergic Reactions and Edema|
|Classification||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Fusidic Acid(2.0 %) + Clotrimazole(1.0 %) + Clobetasol(0.05 %)
Uses of Rexiderm Plus Cream
- Management of skin infections like fungal infections, infective eczema, psoriasis, oropharyngeal candidiasis and dermatitis.
Contraindications of Rexiderm Plus Cream
- It is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have Fusidic acid, clotrimazole and clobetasol hypersensitivity or an allergy to any other ingredients present in Rexiderm plus cream.
- Not for ophthalmic use (eye).
Side effects of Rexiderm Plus Cream
- Local burning at the site of application
- Skin Pain
- Allergic Reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Rexiderm Plus Cream
Can I take rexiderm plus cream during pregnancy?
Rexiderm plus cream is not recommended during pregnancy. Limited studies have been reported that this medicine can cause harmful effects on the developing baby. However, consult your doctor for evaluating potential risks and benefits before using the medicine.
Can I take rexiderm plus cream while breastfeeding?
Using Rexiderm plus cream while breastfeeding may be unsafe since this medicine can be excreted into human breast milk. You must seek medical consultation to decide whether to discontinue nursing or discontinue the medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed rexiderm plus cream?
There are limited studies to explain the interaction and effect of this medicine while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with rexiderm plus cream?
There are limited studies to explain the interaction of this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- You conceive during the course of Rexiderm plus cream or are planning a pregnancy.
- Your symptoms do not get resolved, or your condition worsens.
- You have long term cardiac, liver, and kidney disease.
Mode of Action of Rexiderm Plus Cream
How Does It Work?
Rexiderm plus cream contains three essential components, namely 2% w/w Fusidic acid, 1% w/w clotrimazole and 0.05% w/w clobetasol. Fusidic acid is a potent antibacterial agent. It exerts its mechanism of action by inhibiting protein synthesis in the bacteria. It blocks the ribosome, which is essential for bacterial protein synthesis. Clotrimazole is a potent antifungal agent. It acts by inhibiting ergosterol and disrupting the cell membrane of the fungi. As a result, the important contents of the cell leak out and cause cell death. Clobetasol is a potent corticosteroid. It has properties of anti-inflammatory, vasoconstrictive (constriction of blood vessels) and antipruritic (relieves itching). It inhibits late phase allergic reactions by inhibiting the metabolism of arachidonic acid and blocks the production of prostaglandins and histamines....
Directions for Use of Rexiderm Plus Cream
- Rexiderm plus cream is available as an ointment/cream.
- Dosage and duration will be prescribed by your doctor based on your condition.
- Rexiderm plus cream is for external use only.
- Apply the ointment to the infected area carefully.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth.
- Until your doctor advises, there is no need to use a dressing or bandage.
Interactions of Rexiderm Plus Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Rexiderm plus cream can cause adverse reactions when taken with the following medicines:
- Interaction with medicines like ritonavir and itraconazole can inhibit the metabolism and increase the plasma levels of Rexiderm plus cream.
- Interaction with other corticosteroids like prednisolone may cause an increase in the plasma corticosteroid levels.
- To avoid undesirable side effects of medication interaction, inform your doctor about all medicines and supplements you are currently taking
Interactions with food items
- Unless your physician suggests, there is no need to avoid any particular food or drink when using Rexiderm plus cream.
Storage and disposal of Rexiderm Plus Cream
Store Rexiderm plus cream at room temperature below 25℃. Store it in an airtight container, away from the reach of children and pets. Keep the Rexiderm plus cream away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture. Do not throw away the cream with household waste. Dispose of the expired/unused medicine immediately as biomedical waste. Do not use it post the date of expiry stated on the label....
Dosage of Rexiderm Plus Cream
Do not apply rexiderm plus cream in more than prescribed doses. Generally, there is a lesser risk of acute intoxication with this medicine. In case of any adverse effects, seek emergency medical management and contact your doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, apply the rexiderm plus cream just when you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not alter the recommended dosage...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can you stop taking Rexiderm plus cream if you feel well?
A: No, please follow the complete course of the treatment as suggested by your physician.
Q: Can you apply more Rexiderm plus cream at once?
A: Application of Rexiderm plus cream in more quantities is not advisable. It may get absorbed into the body and lead to thinning and weakening of the skin and mucous membrane.
Q: Is Rexiderm plus cream safe for children?
A: Rexiderm plus cream is not recommended for children below 12 years because its safety is not well established.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Apr 8]. Available from:
- Drugs@FDA: FDA-approved drugs. [cited 2022 Apr 8]; Available from:
- Drug approval package. [cited 2022 Apr 8]; Available from:
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Apr 8]. Available from:
- Fucidin 20 mg/g Cream [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Apr 8]. Available from:
- ClobaDerm 500micrograms/g Ointment [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Apr 8]. Available from:
Expires on or After