Rexgard Cream 15gm
By NOVARTIS INDIA LTD
15g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rexgard 2 % Description
Rexgard Cream is an antifungal medicine used to treat fungal skin infections. It contains miconazole that works by stopping the growth of fungus, thereby relieving the symptoms associated with infect
ions. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
|You Save||₹5.62 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Fungal infection on skin|
|Side effects||burning sensation, skin irritation, dry skin, itchy skin, redness|
Check more medicines with composition as Miconazole(2.0 %)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rexgard Cream 15gm
- Micasulf Cream 30gmBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries30g Cream in TubeMRP 64.25₹ 51.4019.34% CHEAPER₹ 1.71/Gram
- Micasulf Cream 15gmBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries15g Cream in TubeMRP 35.30₹ 30.005.66% CHEAPER₹ 2/Gram
- Napiz Cream 30gmBy Apple Therapeutics Pvt Ltd30g Cream in TubeMRP 120.00₹ 120.00₹ 4/Gram
Uses of Rexgard 2 %
Treatment of fungal skin infection
Contraindications of Rexgard 2 %
- Allergy to miconazole or any other ingredients of Rexgard Cream
Side effects of Rexgard 2 %
- Skin burning sensation
- Skin inflammation
- Skin irritation
- Dry skin
- Blisters on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Rexgard 2 %
Can I apply Rexgard Cream during pregnancy?
No data is available on the safety of this Cream in pregnant women. However, animal studies have shown no teratogenic effects but are foetotoxic at higher doses. Therefore this Cream should be used with caution and only if prescribed.
Can I apply Rexgard Cream while breastfeeding?
This Cream is for external use only; the contents do not get excreted into breast milk significantly. Therefore, it would be best if you used this Cream with caution.
Can I drive if I have applied Rexgard Cream?
This Cream is for external use only; it does not affect your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Rexgard Cream?
No evidence was reported regarding alcohol and its interaction with Cream.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to miconazole or the excipients of Rexgard Cream
- You have broken skin, cuts or itchy skin
- You are applying another prescription or non-prescription medicine for the same condition
Mode of Action of Rexgard 2 %
How Does It Work?
Miconazole works by stopping the growth of fungus that causes the infection by inhibiting the synthesis of essential components required for cell membrane formation.
Directions for Use of Rexgard 2 %
- Use Rexgard Cream as directed by your physician
- It is for external use only
- Read the instructions on the label carefully before use
- Thoroughly wash your hands before and after application of this Cream
Interactions of Rexgard 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
- As Rexgard Cream is for topical application, clinically relevant interactions are rare
- Caution should be exercised with patients on oral blood thinners
Storage and disposal of Rexgard 2 %
- Store Rexgard Cream in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture
- Keep the medicines out of reach of children and pets
- Do not flush the contents of expired or unneeded Cream
- Discard it safely while ensuring that it does not come in contact with your children or pets
Dosage of Rexgard 2 %
As Rexgard Cream is for external use only, an overdose of this medication is unlikely. However, if you have accidentally ingested the Cream, contact your physician or immediately rush to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any time of application, then apply it as soon as you remember
- If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular application schedule
- Do not apply twice the amount of Cream to compensate for the missed one
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What causes fungal infections?
A: Exposure to fungi, poor hygiene and humidity are possible causes of fungal infections.
Q: When will my skin get better?
A: Your skin condition should start to improve after you have used the Rexgard Cream for a few days. However, do not stop the medication; complete the entire course of medication for maximum beneficial results.
Q: Can I stop using Rexgard Cream when my symptoms are relieved?
A: No, you should complete the full course of medication for the infection to get cured.
Q: Are there any severe side effects?
A: Usually, most side effects do not require any medical attention; however, if you observe a prolonged side effect like a burning sensation, stinging sensation, or swelling, contact your doctor immediately.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed