Retoz 90mg Tablet
Retoz 90 MG Description
Retoz 90 tablet is an anti-inflammatory medicine used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammation. It is used for the treatment of pain, swelling & inflammatory conditions due to arthritis. It is also used for the short term treatment of pain associated with other conditions also. Retoz 90 tablet contains etoricoxib as the main ingredient. It belongs to the class of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. Before using Retoz 90, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹23.03 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Pain and inflammation|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, headache, dizziness, nausea|
- Etozox 90mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 146.30₹ 124.354.75% CHEAPER₹ 12.44/Tablet
- Fitdent 90mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 75.0542.45% CHEAPER₹ 7.51/Tablet
- Intacoxia 90mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 99.50₹ 84.5735.17% CHEAPER₹ 8.46/Tablet
- Etoford 90mg TabletBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 104.00₹ 72.8044.21% CHEAPER₹ 7.28/Tablet
- Ezact 90mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.00₹ 127.502.3% CHEAPER₹ 12.75/Tablet
- Brutaflam 90mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.00₹ 104.4020% CHEAPER₹ 10.44/Tablet
- Torib 90mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 222.00₹ 188.703.6% CHEAPER₹ 12.58/Tablet
- Torcoxia Bcd 90mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 151.70₹ 128.941.23% CHEAPER₹ 12.89/Tablet
- Ect 90mg TabletBy Icon Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.00₹ 110.5015.33% CHEAPER₹ 11.05/Tablet
- Etos 90mg TabletBy Systopic Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.00₹ 60.3553.79% CHEAPER₹ 6.04/Tablet
Uses of Retoz 90 MG
Contraindications of Retoz 90 MG
- If you are allergic to etoricoxib or any other ingredient of the Retoz 90 tablet.
- If you have a history of allergies to other pain killers such as breathing difficulty, runny nose, itching and facial swelling.
- If you have an active ulcer or bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
- If your age is below 16 years.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you are suffering from heart diseases, peripheral arterial disease (a circulatory problem in which narrowed arteries reduce blood flow to your limbs) or cerebrovascular disease such as stroke.
Side effects of Retoz 90 MG
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of legs or feet (oedema)
- Excessive gas
Precautions and Warnings of Retoz 90 MG
- Retoz 90 tablet should not be taken during pregnancy. If you are pregnant or think you can be pregnant, consult your doctor. If a woman becomes pregnant during treatment, etoricoxib must be discontinued....
Other General Warnings
- You have or experience ulcers or bleeding from the stomach or intestine.
- You have a history of heart failure or other diseases related to the heart.
- You have swelling due to fluid retention (excess fluid in the body).
- You have an underlying condition such as high blood pressure, high or abnormal cholesterol, diabetes or if you smoke.
- You are suffering from liver disease or kidney disease.
- You are suffering from dehydration.
- You are an aged person (above 65 years).
- You are on any medicine.
Directions for Use of Retoz 90 MG
Storage and disposal of Retoz 90 MG
Quick Tips of Retoz 90 MG
- Retoz 90mg tablet is used to treat pain, inflammation, or swelling due to arthritis and gout. It has etoricoxib as its main component. It acts by decreasing a substance that causes pain and inflammation in the body....
- Do not take this medicine for any other condition other than that specified by your doctor. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Retoz 90, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding. If you have a stomach ulcer, liver, heart, or kidney problems. Also, inform your doctor about all your other medicines and your complete medical history....
- The use of certain medicines like anti-asthmatics, anti-infectives, or, oral contraceptives along with Retoz 90 tablets must be avoided. Do not take any medicine on your own without confirming with your doctor during treatment with this medicine....
- Dizziness, constipation, headache, nausea, or indigestion may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- When taking the Retoz tablet, it is advised not to drive if you feel dizzy. Limiting alcohol consumption is also suggested.
Dosage of Retoz 90 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Retoz 90 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Retoz 90 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Retoz 90 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, blood-thinning, certain anti-infectives, immunomodulators, painkillers, medicines for treating irregular heart rate, anti-asthmatics, oral contraceptives, certain hormonal preparation, for a brain-related disorder, etc....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I consult with the doctor while taking Retoz 90 tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any infection because this medicine can mask the symptoms of a severe infection.
- For osteoarthritis, weight control and regular exercising can increase muscle strength and reduce the load on joints.
Q: Can I take Aspirin when I am taking Retoz 90 tablet?
- Do not take a high dose of Aspirin (above 300mg) generally given for pain relief.
- Taking Retoz 90 along with such high doses of Aspirin can increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- If you are taking Aspirin for heart disease (generally low dose), do not discontinue on your own, inform your doctor.
Q: Is Retoz 90 tablet safe for use with anticoagulant medicines?
- Retoz 90 tablet contains Etoricoxib. Caution is needed when you are using this medicine with anticoagulants as this medicine works by reducing the production of prostaglandins.
- Prostaglandins play a crucial role in clotting and their reduced levels may affect the action of anticoagulants. Close monitoring of clotting parameters such as prothrombin time (INR) is recommended during the initiation of therapy and anytime when the dose of Etoricoxib is modified....
Q: When should I take the Retoz 90 tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Retoz 90?
Q: Can I take Retoz 90 for long term use?
Q: Is Retoz a steroid?
- Torcoxia BCD Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Etoricoxib 90 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Etoricoxib 90 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]