Retop A 0.05% Gel 20gm
By DERMOCARE LABORATORIES
20g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Retop A 0.05 % Description
Retop A Gel contains tretinoin, a form of vitamin A as its active ingredient. It is used for the topical treatment of acne. During the treatment with Retop A Gel, it is recommended to avoid being exp
osed to sunlight for too long after applying for this medicine. You can use sunscreens with at least SPF 15 before going outdoors. Drink plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated, as it can make your skin dry. Do not pop acne as it may lead to bacteria & pus spreading on the skin that can lead to the spread of acne and acne scar.
|Side effects||Dry skin, scaling or peeling of skin, burning sensation on skin|
Check more medicines with composition as Tretinoin(0.05 %)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Retop A 0.05% Gel 20gm
- A Ret 0.05% GelBy A.menarini India20g Gel in TubeMRP 129.00₹ 109.6515.04% CHEAPER₹ 5.48/Gram
Uses of Retop A 0.05 %
Contraindications of Retop A 0.05 %
If you are allergic to tretinoin or any of the ingredients of Retop A Gel.
Side effects of Retop A 0.05 %
- Dry skin
- Scaling or peeling of the skin
- Burning sensation on the skin
- Redness of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Retop A 0.05 %
Can I use Retop A Gel during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about the effects during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I use Retop A Gel while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the components of Retop A Gel pass into the breastmilk and there are no establishments of its safety in breastfeeding women. Hence, it is not recommended to use if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Retop A Gel?
It is a topical preparation and it will not affect your driving ability or your ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Retop A Gel?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, you should avoid using alcohol as it can delay the body's response to infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should avoid using it on inflamed or sunburned skin, due to the possibility of severe irritation.
- You experience redness, dryness or severe irritation. The doctor may reduce the dose and frequency of application of Retop A Gel or may also discontinue the treatment for some time.
- You should avoid being exposed to direct sunlight, after applying this Gel, to reduce the chances of photosensitization (which means skin damage due to UV or sunlight). Try to use a good sunscreen with at least SPF 15 and full clothes to avoid exposure....
- You have an allergy to fish proteins, as there are chances of developing severe itching or swollen red bumps on the skin.
Mode of Action of Retop A 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Tretinoin is a metabolite of Vitamin A and is a keratolytic agent. It acts by clearing the skin pores that get clogged with dead skin cells, dust and oil. It also helps in inhibiting the development of pimples....
Directions for Use of Retop A 0.05 %
- Apply Retop A Gel exactly as directed by your doctor.
- It is for external use only.
- Apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Apply a thin layer of Retop A Gel to the affected area.
- You should wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Interactions of Retop A 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Retop A Gel is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are already using topical medicated soaps, shampoos, cleansers or products with a high concentration of alcohol, as it can increase the irritation with Retop A Gel.
- Caution is advised if you are also taking medicines that increase sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitizers) like thiazides (antihypertensives), tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones, sulfonamides (antibiotics to treat infection), phenothiazines to treat brain disorders, because of the risk of side effects associated with exposure to the sun....
Storage and disposal of Retop A 0.05 %
- Store Retop A Gel in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Retop A 0.05 %
As Retop A Gel is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, then wipe out the excess medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have skipped an application, apply it as soon as possible. Do not use it in an excess amount just to compensate for the skipped usage.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acne?
A: Acne is a skin condition that develops due to the clogging of hair follicles. The skin pores get clogged with oil, dust or dead skin cells, which may lead to blackheads, whiteheads, red bumps on the skin or pus-filled pimples. It is most common in teenagers.
Q: Does Retop A Gel remove acne scars?
A: Retop A Gel helps in removing scars as it contains tretinoin, which can reduce acne scars by increasing the cell turnover rate, thus increasing the cell growth in the affected area.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed