Relaxin T Tab
By BENNET PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
Relaxin T Tab contains a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
Uses of Relaxin T Tab
It is used to treat the pain caused by muscle spasms.
Contraindications of Relaxin T Tab
- If you are allergic to Aceclofenac, Thiocolchicoside or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of serious allergies like asthma, skin rashes, swelling, etc. in response to painkillers
- If you have or had stomach bleeding problems due to painkillers
- If you have kidney and liver failure
- If you have heart problems or heart failure
- If you are losing blood or have bleeding disorders
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you are a woman of childbearing age and not using contraception
- This medicine may impair your fertility thus should not be used by women trying to conceive
Side effects of Relaxin T Tab
- Stomach pain
- Stomach bleeds
- Mouth ulcer
- Skin allergies
Precautions and Warnings of Relaxin T Tab
Can I take Relaxin T Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used for pregnant women as it can lead to malformations, congenital disabilities, kidney and heart problems in the growing baby. It can also delay the labour and cause bleeding defects in pregnant women. Consult your doctor for further information on the use of this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Relaxin T Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk. Thus, breastfeeding is not recommended when you are taking this medicine. It can harm the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Relaxin T Tab?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or visual disturbance after taking this medicine. It is advised not to drive if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Relaxin T Tab?
It would be best if you avoid the intake of alcohol. It may affect your brain and you may feel dizzy, difficulty in breathing, slow heart rate and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are suffering from lung disorders like asthma, this medicine can worsen it
- If you have heart and associated problems like heart failure, low blood pressure and bleeding in the brain
- If you have a kidney and liver function problem
- If you are suffering from cardiovascular disorders like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- If you have stomach ulcers and bleeding problem
- If you have SLE
- If you have serious allergy problems and skin-related allergic reaction
- If you are trying to conceive a baby, this medicine should not be used in such cases
- If you have a history of any kind of blood disorder like anaemia
- If you are supposed to take this medicine for a prolonged time, it can affect liver and kidney functions
- If you have diarrhoea after taking this medicine, you should stop this medicine immediately
- If you experience fits or are prone to get fits
Mode of Action of Relaxin T Tab
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain and swelling. It relaxes muscle spasms and helps in alleviating muscle stiffness.
Directions for Use of Relaxin T Tab
Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water preferably with or after meals.
Interactions of Relaxin T Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside. Thus any interaction associated with any one of these can happen with this combination
- Increased risk of stomach bleeding, if you take other pain killers, steroids, antidepressants like Fluoxetine or Clopidogrel along with this medicine
- This medicine interferes with the way medicines for high blood pressure works like Enalapril, Captopril and water pill
- Concomitant use of Cyclosporine and Tacrolimus (used in organ transplant) can lead to serious kidney damage
- There is an increased risk of bleeding if this medicine is taken along with other medicines like Warfarin
- You may experience fluctuations in blood sugar if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines like Glimepiride or Metformin
- Do not take Relaxin T Tab, if you have taken Mifepristone lately (within 2 weeks)
- This medicine can worsen the heart failure problem if taken with medicine for heart failure like Digoxin
- You may experience fits if you are taking antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Norfloxacin and Ofloxacin
- Other medicines like Lithium, Methotrexate and Zidovudine
- Medicines used to treat anxiety and pain like Clonazepam, Zolpidem and Alprazolam
Storage and disposal of Relaxin T Tab
- Store below 30°C protected from moisture
Dosage of Relaxin T Tab
- An overdose of this medicine may lead to serious kidney and liver problems
- Symptoms of overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and discomfort, stomach bleeding, mental disturbances, excitation, coma, drowsiness, dizziness, ringing sound in ears, low blood pressure, breathing problems, fainting and sometimes fitsread less
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Being a diabetic, do I need to take any precautions before taking this medicine?
A: Yes, you may experience an episode of low blood glucose. If you experience headaches, irritability, sweating, hunger pangs, increased heart beats and dizziness, immediately consume juice or sugar. Inform the same to your doctor as you may require a change in dose of diabetes medicine.
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with this medicine?
A: No, it is not safe. You should consult a doctor because concomitant use of painkillers can cause side effects.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved