Rekool D 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rekool D capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) also known as acid reflux condition. It is a combination medicine containing rabeprazole and dom
peridone. The acid from the stomach moves back up to the food pipe along with contents of the stomach characterised by heartburn, chest pain, burning, pain and regurgitation of food or sour liquid because of irritation in the stomach. This medicine lowers the acid secretion in the stomach and prevents the outflow of contents of the stomach to the food pipe. Rekool D capsule should be taken at least 30 minutes before meals for the best result. Avoid the consumption of spicy and oily food while on this medicine. Before using the Rekool D capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Rekool D 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Rekool D capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and ac
Contraindications of Rekool D 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, domperidone or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
Side effects of Rekool D 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Lack of energy
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rekool D 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take Rekool D capsule during pregnancy?
- There is limited safety information available on the use of the Rekool D capsule in pregnancy. Hence, this medicine should be used only prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Rekool D capsule while breastfeeding?
- Components of the Reekol D capsule pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding, only if it is necessary. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother....Read more
Can I drive if I have consumed Rekool D capsule?
If you experience drowsiness and visual disturbances after taking Rekool D capsule, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Rekool D capsule?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking this medicine does not affect the way it works. However, you should avoid drinking alcohol in large quantities as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fracture or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Rekool D capsule should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Rekool D 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rekool D 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Rekool D capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It should preferably in the morning before food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time fo
r optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Rekool D 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Rekool D capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....Read more
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- If you are taking blood-thinning medicine such as warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Rekool D capsule should preferably be taken on an empty stomach.
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process....Read more
Storage and disposal of Rekool D 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Store below 25°C, protected from moisture and light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rekool D 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Symptoms of overdose of Rekool D capsule include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediatel
y or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose o
f medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from a liver problem. Is Rekool D capsule safe for me?
A: Tell your doctor if you are having any liver or kidney problem. The doctor may suggest an alternative.
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks and soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to worsen acid reflux.
- Reduce the intake of chocolate and mint.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition, such as pain killers like Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking Rekool D capsule for a few months now, what should I look out for?
A: Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, when your doctor may reduce its dose. This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels and vitamin B12 levels on long term use. You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if need be, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: When should I take Rekool D capsule?
A: Rekool D capsule should be taken at least 30 mins before meals.
- RABICIP D capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 10:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved