Redihealth Syrup 200ml
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
200ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Redihealth 231 MG Description
Redihealth Syrup is an oral solution used for the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia of varied origins and provides faster correction of iron deficiency. It replenishes the iron stores in your body
. It contains sodium feredetate, as its active ingredient. This form of iron is less likely to cause teeth discolouration and stomach upset. It can be used by pregnant women, children or adults having anaemia due to rheumatoid arthritis. You should take Redihealth Syrup in prescribed doses and duration as advised by your doctor. Take it regularly for effective results.
|You Save||₹34.01 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Sodium Feredetate(231.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Iron deficiency anaemia|
|Side effects||Nausea, mild diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Sodium Feredetate(231.0 Mg)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Redihealth Syrup 200ml
- Vegefer Syrup 150mlBy Sundyota Numandis Pharma Pvt Ltd150ml Syrup in BottleMRP 141.77₹ 141.771.04% CHEAPER₹ 0.95/Millilitre
Uses of Redihealth 231 MG
Redihealth Syrup is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia.
Contraindications of Redihealth 231 MG
- If you are allergic to sodium feredetate or any of its components.
- If you have a history of allergy to iron-containing preparations.
- If you recently had a blood transfusion.
- If you have a condition of iron haemochromatosis or iron overload (a condition in which your body stores too much iron which can be harmful).
- If you are taking iron injections.
Side effects of Redihealth 231 MG
- Mild diarrhoea
Precautions and Warnings of Redihealth 231 MG
Can I take Redihealth Syrup 200ml during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should take Redihealth Syrup only if prescribed by the doctor. The doctor will suggest the specific dose as per the requirement.
Can I take Redihealth Syrup 200ml while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding mothers should always take Redihealth Syrup only if prescribed to you.
Can I drive if I have consumed Redihealth Syrup 200ml?
It is unlikely that Redihealth Syrup will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Redihealth Syrup 200ml?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Redihealth Syrup. So it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a condition of haemolytic anaemia (a disorder in which red blood cells are destroyed faster than they can be made).
- You have a gastrointestinal disease such as liver, gall bladder disorder and pancreas problem etc.
- Your child is taking Redihealth Syrup for a prolonged duration or high doses of iron, as it can cause toxicity in the body.
- You are going to have any kind of stool test. As iron preparations can make your stool or faeces dark coloured, so it may impair the test results
Mode of Action of Redihealth 231 MG
How Does It Work?
Sodium Feredetate acts as an iron source, which is crucial for haemoglobin (Hb) formation (present in red blood cells). Hb carries oxygen from the lungs to the entire body. It is also a part of myoglobin that supplies oxygen to muscles. It does not cause teeth discolouration and prevents stomach upset, unlike other iron-containing medicines....
Directions for Use of Redihealth 231 MG
- Take Redihealth Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Do not consume it more than prescribed.
Interactions of Redihealth 231 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Redihealth Syrup if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements including iron-containing medicines or tonics as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are already taking anti-hypertensive medicines, antacids, immunosuppressants, antibiotics, anti-hyperlipidemic medicines, medicines for arthritis, medicine for Wilson's disease, medicine for metal poisoning, etc....
- You are already taking supplements for indigestion, antacid remedies or other mineral supplements.
- Avoid taking tea, milk, vitamin C, milk, egg and caffeine along with Redihealth Syrup, as it may interfere with the activity of sodium feredetate.
Storage and disposal of Redihealth 231 MG
- Store it below 25°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Redihealth 231 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, diarrhoea, tiredness, fast heartbeat etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and experience any of such signs, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule....
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Redihealth Syrup safe for pregnant women?
A: Yes, you can take this syrup during pregnancy but only if it is prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Does Redihealth Syrup used for weight gain?
A: No, Redihealth Syrup is not meant for weight gain. Consult your doctor for more information on this.
Q: What is Redihealth Syrup used for?
A: Redihealth Syrup is an oral solution for treating anaemia caused by too little iron in the body (iron deficiency anaemia)
Q: How to take Redihealth Syrup?
A: You should take Redihealth Syrup as directed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without a meal or as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. And at the same time, avoid taking this medicine along with tea and coffee and maintain a difference of at least 1 hour between them.
Q: What is the dose of Redihealth Syrup?
A: The physician will decide the dose and duration based on the underlying condition and how you respond to this medicine. Do not take too much of Redihealth Syrup, as this could be harmful.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed