Rcifax 400mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rcifax 400 mg tablet is an antibiotic, which treats diseases related to the digestive system like irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhoea. It contains rifaximin as its active ingredient. It should be t
aken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You may experience headaches, nausea, dizziness and weakness after taking this medicine. Most of these are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Rcifax 400mg Tablet
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)(stomach pain, constipation)
- Traveller’s diarrhoea- caused by the common bacteria known as E. coli
- Hepatic encephalopathy (liver dysfunction)
Contraindications of Rcifax 400mg Tablet
If allergic to rifaximin or other ingredients of Rcifax 400 mg tablet If you are suffering from diarrhoea with fever If you are suffering from abdominal pain, constipation or blockage in the bowel. I
f you have diarrhoea with blood If you are suffering from liver disease...
Side effects of Rcifax 400mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rcifax 400mg Tablet
Can I take Rcifax 400 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Rcifax 400 mg tablet is not recommended in pregnancy unless considered essential by your physician.
Can I take Rcifax 400 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the components of the Rcifax 400 mg tablet pass into the breastmilk, thus please consult your doctor before using it while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rcifax 400 mg tablet?
You may experience dizziness after taking Rcifax 400 mg tablet which may interfere with your ability to drive or operate complex machinery
Can I consume alcohol with Rcifax 400 mg tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and the Rcifax 400 mg tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Rcifax 400 mg tablet
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are suffering from diarrhoea that is accompanied with fever and blood
- You are suffering from liver disease
Mode of Action of Rcifax 400mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Rcifax 400 mg tablet works by interfering with bacterial cell growth mechanics thus bacterial growth is stalled and the existing ones are killed by immunity or when their lifecycle ends. It passes
through the stomach and intestines without being absorbed into the bloodstream. Rcifax 400 mg tablet is used to treat bacterial infections in the intestine....
Directions for Use of Rcifax 400mg Tablet
- Rcifax 400 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rcifax 400mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Rcifax 400 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking antibiotics, blood-thinning medications like warfarin, medicines for the treatment of epilepsy like carbamazepine, lamotrigine, medicines to treat abnormal heartbeats quinidine, amiodarone, procainamide; oral contraceptives, ciclosporin...Read more
Interactions with food items
- Food interaction of this medicine is seen with fruits like grapefruit or its juice hence it should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Rcifax 400mg Tablet
- Store Rcifax 400 mg tablet in a dry place at room temperature.
- Keep out of reach from children and pets.
- If the medicine is passed its expiry date or is unused for long you should dispose of.
Dosage of Rcifax 400mg Tablet
If you experience symptoms such as excessive vomiting, stomach pain, and breathing difficulty, seek emergency medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss a dose of antibiotics as it can lead to antibiotic resistance. If you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not double the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Shall I stop the Rcifax 400 mg tablet if I feel better?
A: Do not stop Rcifax 400 mg tablet before completing the full course of treatment. The medicine should be taken as per the schedule advised by the physician. This is to prevent resistance of Rcifax 400 mg tablet to bacteria.
Q: How does Rcifax 400 mg tablet work?
A: Rifaximin in Rcifax 400 mg tablet binds to the essential enzymes required for the replication of the bacterial genetic material. This inhibits the formation of bacterial genetic material and ultimately prevents the multiplication of bacteria, leading to bacterial cell death.
Q: Can I take Rcifax 400 mg tablet for a long term?
A: No, Rcifax 400 mg tablet should not be taken for more than 3 days at a stretch. If your symptoms do not go even after taking the medicine for 3 days, it is recommended that you should visit your doctor.
Q: I experience blood in my diarrhoea, will Rcifax 400 mg tablet help me?
A: No, in case you are experiencing blood along with diarrhoea you are not advised to take Rcifax 400 mg tablet. Also, if you are taking this medicine and you experience your diarrhoea worsening or your diarrhoea containing blood or mucus, you are advised to immediately inform your doctor.
- TARGAXAN film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- LactMeds.Rifaximin.[Accessed on 12.Mar.2021](online)
- Rifaximin (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- XIFAXAN- rifaximin tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 14 Jul 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved