Rbp 20mg Tablet
By LARION LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rbp 20mg Tablet Description
Rbp Tablet is used for relieving acidity and heartburn in conditions such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. It contains rabeprazole as its active m
edicine. It is categorized under the class of medicines called 'Proton pump inhibitor' medications used to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach. You should take this medicine preferably in the morning, 30 minutes before meals.
|Uses||Acid reflux disease, heart burn, chest discomfort, acidity|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, diarrhoea, stomach pain, dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg)
14 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rbp 20mg Tablet
- Rabidoc 20 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Morepen Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 101.00₹ 70.701.81% CHEAPER₹ 7.07/Tablet
- Rab 20mg TabletBy Khandelwal Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 84.17₹ 71.540.69% CHEAPER₹ 7.15/Tablet
- Rabecure 20mg TabletBy Welcure Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.7511.39% CHEAPER₹ 6.38/Tablet
- Rabitoch 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Pharmed Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.00₹ 59.5017.36% CHEAPER₹ 5.95/Tablet
- Pepcia 20mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.10₹ 40.8843.19% CHEAPER₹ 4.09/Tablet
- Reyrab 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Instaray Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 67.156.67% CHEAPER₹ 6.72/Tablet
- Raboni 20mg TabletBy S.s Health Care10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.00₹ 68.005.56% CHEAPER₹ 6.8/Tablet
- Nuloc 20mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 77.00₹ 65.459.17% CHEAPER₹ 6.55/Tablet
- Rabelin 20mg TabletBy Linux Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.00₹ 58.4818.75% CHEAPER₹ 5.85/Tablet
- Odirab 20mg TabletBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.80₹ 44.0338.89% CHEAPER₹ 4.40/Tablet
Uses of Rbp 20mg Tablet
- For the treatment of heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach rises to the food pipe and mouth.
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Rbp 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or think that you could be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rbp 20mg Tablet
- Sleeplessness, headache, dizziness
- Cough, runny nose, sore throat
- Diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea
- Stomach pain, constipation, gas
- Back pain, weakness, tiredness
Precautions and Warnings of Rbp 20mg Tablet
Can I take Rbp Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Rbp Tablet during pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant and happen to be taking this medicine, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Can I take Rbp Tablet while breastfeeding?
You should not take Rbp Tablet if you are breastfeeding. Your doctor will prescribe you safer alternatives.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rbp Tablet?
There are chances of drowsiness and dizziness with the Rbp Tablet. Therefore, it is not advisable to drive or use heavy machinery while taking treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Rbp Tablet?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Rabeprazole does not affect the way this medicine works. However, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach disease worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver function problem.
- You are experiencing symptoms like painful joints, skin rashes and tiredness.
- You are to undergo any blood test (Chromogranin A).
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are excreting black stools.
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine.
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea.
- You are expected to take this medicine for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with that.
- The long term treatment with this medicine may lead to a deficiency of vitamin B12 which can produce symptoms like pale skin, sore tongue, weakness, headache, disturbed vision and irritability.
- The long term treatment of this medicine may also weaken your bones or may slightly increase the risk of fracture.
- In some patients with ulcers, the course of this medicine may take 1 to 3 months. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Rbp Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Rbp 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- In an average healthy individual, specific cells in the stomach get stimulated and release acid after intake of food. In certain individuals, these pumps secrete an excess of acids and lead to acid-related stomach problems such as ulcers....
- Rbp Tablet blocks the activity of these micropumps in the stomach walls known as proton pumps thus acid release in the stomach decreases and this helps in the healing of ulcers and helps improve symptoms such as acidity and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Rbp 20mg Tablet
- Take Rbp Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water without food.
- You should take this medicine without fail and regularly as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than what has been prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rbp 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rbp Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently consuming or might consume to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Rbp Tablet along with medicines used to treat HIV infections like Atazanavir, Nelfinavir, Rilpivirine or use of antacids should be avoided as Rabeprazole may decrease the effectiveness of these medicines....
- There may be higher chances of getting side effects if you are consuming a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omee Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Other medicines like Methotrexate and antifungals such as Ketoconazole or Itraconazole should be used carefully, as it can alter the effects of the medicine.
Interactions with food items
Rbp Tablet should not be taken with food or milk. You should consume it 30 minutes before food as food decreases the effectiveness of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Rbp 20mg Tablet
- Store Rbp Tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the expired medicine or medicine which is no longer needed.
Dosage of Rbp 20mg Tablet
The symptoms of overdose with Rbp Tablet are similar to the side-effects in the body. So, if you have consumed a higher dose or think you may have taken too much of the medicine, do not panic and contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. It is strictly advised not to take a double dose to make up for the forgotten dose....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why should older people be cautious while using Rbp Tablet?
A: Rbp Tablet produces bone weakness and can increase the risk of getting fractures in elderly patients if taken in high doses for long term treatment.
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Rbp Tablet, what should I do?
A: Diarrhoea is a common side effect of the Rbp Tablet but sometimes can be serious. Rbp Tablet reduces the gastric acid levels and can increase the bacterial count in the gut and can lead to infections. So consult your doctor immediately, in case of persistent diarrhoea. He will decide whether to continue or stop the medicine after clinical examination.
Q: The doctor has prescribed me Rbp Tablet for 2 months, what common precautions should I take?
A: The long term use of the Rbp Tablet produces liver function disturbances, altered electrolyte (magnesium, calcium and sodium) levels and B12 deficiency. So if you experience symptoms like yellow skin and eyes, loss of appetite, nausea, itching, dizziness, fits, headache, irritability, tiredness or pale skin, visit your doctor as soon as possible. As you have been prescribed this medicine for a long duration, your doctor may advise frequent follow-ups and blood tests.
Q: Why do I get B12 deficiency with Rbp Tablet?
A: The absorption of vitamin B12 and storage of vitamin B12 in the body can get affected by the long term use of Rabeprazole. Rabeprazole causes a reduction in the absorption of vitamin B12 from the stomach due to its stomach acid, reducing effects and can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency.
Q: Can I take Rbp Tablet empty stomach?
A: Yes, you can consume Rbp Tablet on an empty stomach. You should preferably take this medicine in the morning on an empty stomach for better stomach acid regulation throughout the day.
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed