Rantac 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Rantac 150 MG Description
Rantac 150 tablet is used to treat stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn, hyperacidity, indigestion and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It contains ranitidine as its active ingredient. It
works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach, thus reducing the amount of acid present in the stomach. There is a valve-like structure called the sphincter between the food pipe and the stomach. This valve prevents the acid and the food in your stomach from coming back into the food pipe. When this valve is weak or damaged, acid starts entering the stomach, causing heartburn, difficulty in swallowing and food regurgitation. Along with Rantac 150 tablet, you need to incorporate certain lifestyle modifications to control your acidity problem. You should have less oily and spicy food, quit alcohol and smoking etc., for maximum results. You must eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day and avoid lying down for 1 hour after a meal. Wear loose-fitting clothing to avoid pressure on your abdomen. Your doctor can prescribe you this medicine for a short or long duration, depending on your condition. It would be best if you took ranitidine as prescribed. Do not miss any dose or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Uses of Rantac 150 MG
- Rantac 150 tablet is used for the treatment of stomach and intestinal ulcers, heartburn and indigestion.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food pipe causing heartburn.
- For a condition called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome where the stomach produces too much acid due to the presence of a tumour.
Contraindications of Rantac 150 MG
Side effects of Rantac 150 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Rantac 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems, as dose adjustments may be needed.
- You are taking painkillers and are suffering from a peptic ulcer.
- You have any underlying medical condition like liver or kidney-related problem, etc.
- You are an adult or an elderly person suffering from dyspeptic (indigestion).
- You have a history of any blood disorder related to haemoglobin (porphyria).
- You are an older person having compromised immunity, lungs disorder or diabetes.
Directions for Use of Rantac 150 MG
- Take Rantac 150 tablet as your doctor has advised you.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. It should preferably be taken after meals.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Rantac 150 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Quick Tips of Rantac 150 MG
Dosage of Rantac 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Rantac 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Rantac 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Rantac 150 tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications and herbal preparations....
- Especially, if you are taking blood thinners like warfarin and ant-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, close monitoring is needed.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are medicines for a brain-related disorder like diazepam, triazolam, anti-fungal medicines like ketoconazole, antihypertensive medicines, anti-HIV medicines, anti-cancer medicines, heart-related medicines, etc....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
Q: Can I reduce my acidity problem by changing my lifestyle habits?
Q: Can smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
Q: What is the use of Rantac 150 mg?
Q: Can Rantac be taken before food?
Q: Is Rantac good for gas?
Q: Is Rantac 150 used for loose motion?
Q: Does Rantac 150 cause cancer?
Q: Is it safe to take Rantac 150 during pregnancy?
Q: What are the side effects of Rantac 150?
Q: How long does it take for Rantac 150 to start working?
Q: What is the action of Rantac 150?
Q: How long should I take Rantac 150 tablet?
Q: When should I take Rantac 150 tablet?
Q: Does Rantac 150 cause constipation?
Q: What is the difference between Rantac 150 tablet and omeprazole?
- Rantac 150 tablet is a brand name containing ranitidine as its active medicine whereas omeprazole is a salt name.
- Both are used for increased acid production in the stomach and have different mechanisms of action.
- Based on the cause and severity of your condition your doctor shall prescribe suitable medicine for you, avoiding self-medication.
Other Products from this Brand
- Rantac 300 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Rantac Dom Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Rantac Od 300 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Rantac Mint Flavour Syrup 100 Ml
- Rantac Mps Elaichi Taste Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 170 Ml Suspension
- Rantac Rd Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Rantac Infant Mint Flavour Syrup 30 Ml
- Rantac Ampoule Of 2 Ml Injection
- Rantac R Strip Of 10 Tablets